Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I floss with a scarf....

by teresa
Fitness night at Ben's school was a hit! I am beat...and Ben went out like a light! It went over...so what was supposed to be 6-8...was till 8:30. That's past my kids bed times (and I'm sure some of the other kids). So they were dragging near the end. We got there early to set up the skin analizer. Which was a big hit! You stick your head inside and look in the mirror (there are all these weird lights on the inside) and any dark patches that you see on your face shows where you have sun damage. Only a few people had considerable dark spots. Anyway...since we got there early, we got to partake in the dinner for the faculty and outside demonstrators...which was in the TEACHERS LOUNGE! I thought Ben would die when we walked through the doors. He just sat there wide eyed and grinning...eating amongst all his favorite teachers. It was cute. After the PTA meeting (where I was elected PTA secretary for the 06-07 school year...thank you very much) they rotated to each activity. First up was yoga. I was setting up the analizer...so I must getting in the class(I was so dissapointed...NOT). But Ben and Kristian had a great time. Here are some photos...





Then we headed over to the parachute game. Did y'all have this when you were kids? I did...and I loved it. Everyone around it...yanking it up and down...shooting balls high in the air. Pulling it high over your heads and bringing it down fast to make a bubble inside...too cool. Although it's not too much fun when you are yanking it up and down with one hand...trying to take a picture with the other...and you drop your camera on top of the parachute. Sending it rocketing toward the ceiling (over and over and over). Nobody hearing your screams to...STOP..STOP...STOP...because the 30 kids playing the game are louder than a freight train! I did finally get it back (no harm done...phew). Here's some pictures of the fun...







Then they bowled (with soccer ball and soda bottles). But not until they had sent us down to a room on the first floor only to find this sign.










Were they trying to kill me or something?
Then they met with a dentist. who showed them how much sugar was in the food they eat...how to brush...and floss. That demonstration was neat. They put three kids together (teeth) and flossed them with a scarf...to show how to do it properly...here's a picture....







Then there was sun/skin safety with a rep. from Coppertone. And then the skin analizer. Then they played vollyball standing up and on their butts (that was interesting).














The most fun was the line dancing and hula class. Ben's teacher, Mrs. Keagy did the line dancing....and another first grade teacher taught us a hula dance. Yikes...is all I got to say about that! The teachers are cute 20 somethings...and all us parents were...well....not! So we were having kind of a hard time keeping up!
As we pulled of from school Kristian asked....can I come back again next year? I think they had a good time. Lauren and Nick didn't want to join in with us, so they went out to dinner together. I know...I know... I'm crazy leaving Nick and Lauren ALONE TOGETHER for 4 hours. That's like leaving Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinski together for the evening. But, when I got home...all was well. Thank you God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. I think you would be a great reporter since you described the events so well and took some really good pictures. Was that George I saw in the parachute picture?

CONGRATULATIONS on being elected PTA secretary!!! They really knew what they were doing when they elected you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like my kind of fun ... can I come next year? That camera you have is pretty sturdy. We have one like it at church and I've dropped it (shall we say) several times and it still works fine.