Thursday, April 27, 2006

Just say it...I'm a weirdo!

by teresa
I just have a few random questions for you guys. Things I've noticed about myself...and I'd like to know if maybe you guys do the same things. Or if I'm just a total nutcase. Here it goes.
I've noticed that when were out at a restaurant...and we are finished eating. I compulsively start cleaning up the table. Scraping leftover scraps from plate to plate. Stacking dishes...wiping up the table...collecting all the napkins and putting them on top of my plate pile. Why do I do this? They have people (who we tip) to do these things...but I can't help myself. I guess I feel that if I leave it the way my kids have it...they will issue a restraining order against my family from ever coming within 500 yrds of their establishment. Do you do this too?

Next...when I have a bad dream about someone...I wake up mad at them. Example: A couple of days ago I dreamed that I was hiding in the boys room (under the bed...who knows why) and Nick jumped on top of Ben and tried to smother him. He was hitting him in the head and holding a pillow over his face. I was trying to scream his name and reach for him...but something was holding me and keeping me silent. It was torture! It was so real! I awoke with a start...when I looked at the clock it was 2 minutes before my alarm goes off. I just sat there...sick to my stomach. And feeling awful feelings toward my Nicky. I knew he would never do such a thing...it was only a twisted dream...but I was still mad at him. I couldn't stop myself... Have you ever done this? Had a dream feel so real to you that you reacted as if it were real when you woke?

How do you sleep? I go to sleep on my back. With my hands tucked under my butt. Chris says it freaks him out because I look like I'm lying in a coffin. Most of the time I wake up on my side though (hands tucked under my body). I have this thing about my hands having to be under me. Also..I will not share a blanket. I have to be tucked in (all around...except for one foot sticking out (it has to breath:) . So snuggling under the same blanket...is OUT! If we were under the same blanket...then I couldn't get my tuck on. This bothered Chris when we were first married...but like all the little things about me that aggravated him in our first year of marraige...he learned to GET OVER IT! IT JUST AIN'T WORTH IT! So...how do you sleep? do you share a blanket with hubby?

I had a few more questions...but they slipped my mind. When I remember them I will ask.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malfoy, huh?

I sleep on my side most of the time, but I also have to tuck my hands away, usually under the pillow. I can't explain it, but I sleep better that way.

Teresa and Draco sittin' in a tree!

Gidget said...

You need to stop Melissa! Did you take the survey? Who was your perfect match? :)

For all you guys who don't know what we are talking about...yesterday "Fireflies and Frogs" had a survey on her blog. After answering a series of questions...it would determine which Harry Potter character you were best suited for. I ended up with Malfoy!

Paige said...

I sleep on my side with my hands hidden too. Can't explain, but can't sleep if they aren't hidden.

Anonymous said...

I got Oliver Wood when I took the quiz. He's a cutie so I'm happy!

Whenever we eat out at restaurants, I leave the mess on the table and just tip big. I do pick up the mess on the floor however. When we eat, we eat messy!

Anonymous said...

I think I just put my stuff in my plate (napkin, empty butter containers, knife, fork, spoon).

I can't remember ever dreaming bad things about people. I love it when I dream about my Mom, though, and every time I do, I just kiss her over and over and it is so real I can feel her soft cheeks. Then I wake up so happy.

I sleep on my left side with a big body pillow between my legs, one arm under my pillow, holding the other pillow (the one that costs $90 and feels so good), both feet uncovered so they can breath. I don't like covers tucked in. I hardly like them on me at all. I mostly like to be surrounded with pillows. That is heaven on earth to me.

The Yanceys said...

Does cleaning up a hotel room prior to checking out qualify in this survey?

If so, I am guilty.

Gidget said...

yes...cleaning a hotel room does count. I do tht too. I leave it exactly the way I found it. Magazines inthe same place...beds made...everything!