Friday, April 21, 2006

maniackid

by teresa
I thought I would show y'all a sign that hangs over a doorway in my house. I love it! I purchased it when Lauren was about 3. That kids was a straight up NUT! Wild, outrageous, untamed! A friend nicknamed her "the maniackid" (hence my email...I also had it on my license plate for awhile). She would get so excited about something she would just squeal...shake...grit her teeth...and squeeze whatever it was until it broke (toys, flowers, knickknacks). My nanny said she was the same way as a girl. Her family got a baby chick...and she loved it so much she held it...and squeezed it...and broke it's neck! She just couldn't stop herself. That was Lauren 24/7! So I saw this sign in a store in the Outer Banks and knew I had to have it. And then once we added the boys into the mix...it was even more appropriate!

















Although the following signs could also apply...Don't feed the animals...Enter at your own risk...Hard hats must be worn at all times...CAUTION ear protection required...Warning, area patrolled by angry dog with no legs.

No comments: