Tuesday, April 04, 2006

not a morning person

by teresa

Conversation this morning with Ben (who is NOT a morning person)

Mom: Ben...honey...it's time to get up.

Ben: Grrrrrr

Mom: Honey...it's time to get ready for school. Let me get you dressed.

Ben: NOOOOOOOooooooo! I don't want to get up yet! I won't ride the bus...okay? Now I can sleep in, and you can take me to school.

Mom: Well honey....I already let you sleep in. The bus passed 20 minutes ago. So you can sleep for 5 more minutes. But then you have to let mommy get you ready.

Ben: What? The bus already came? Noooooooo! I want to ride the bus! I want to ride the bus! Why didn't you get me up?

Mom: But Ben...you just said you wanted to sleep in and let me take you???

Ben: But you already let the bus go by! You can't make that decision for me! I make my own decisions! And I WANT to ride the BUUUUUUSSSSS!

Then I just covered his face with a pillow....I mean his blanket....and left the room. A few minutes later I went in and dressed him, made him brush his teeth, combed his hair, put his coat and bookbag on his back and shipped him out the door with sissy (because he said he was NOT riding in my car!)
I will deal with his attitude problem when he gets home today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 4 year old rolls over and says "2 more minutes!" when I wake him up in the mornings!

Anonymous said...

A seven-year-old thinking he can make his own decisions is not good. He must have still been dreaming when he said that.