Thursday, April 20, 2006

Shrek

by teresa
Well, the dog park was pretty...well...interesting. When I pulled up there were two other dogs (and owners) in there. But once we started walking up...they left. Well EXCUUUSE ME! Shorty did get a little butt sniffing as they walked by us. So it wasn't a total wash. The outing pretty much consisted of me reading the paper and Shorty lifting his leg AT LEAST 30 times! He only peed about 5 times...the rest was just for show! I sat on one of the benches reading...and this huge...40 something...sweaty guy walked up to the outside gate of the dog park. He had these big 1970's earphones on...he was moving to the beat alittle...trying to get my attention (I think). I IGNORED!! After a minute or so he took off his shirt (gross...sweaty back hair...and did I mention he was HUGE?) Then he LAYED on the bench outside of the dog park. Great! He had on these shorty short shorts (ewwww...I'll pause for a minute while you get that visual). Let's just call him Shrek! I tried to ignore Shrek...I kept reading and taking pictures of Shorty and trying to get Shorty to chase a tennis ball (he was totally blowing me off). Then I would glance over and see if Shrek was still there....he was! Just staring at me! Nice! I started to get preoccupied by this....thinking things like....how tucked away this little park is....how there was NO ONE ELSE in the entire park...how Shorty only protects me if I am in my own yard...can I outrun Shrek....yeah, I can defintely outrun Shrek! I look over...he is still staring at me! Smiling! What would I do if he came up to me? Throw my bag of dog poop in his face and high tail it to the car. Yeah...I had a plan now...so I wasn't nervous anymore. It was like..."Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you?'”
Just kidding...actually I just sat there waiting him out. After about and hour and a half (he wasn't budging)...I decided to leave. I had to leave...Ben's bus would be home soon! So I packed up Shortman..and walked straight for him. Try not to make eye contact..try not to make eye contact..try not to make eye contact...I made eye contact for just a second as we passed him..he lifted his head...and WINKED at me! NOOOOOOOOOOO! I acted like I hadn't seen him and kept on walking. As soon as I got to the parking lot, I turned around and he was up and making his way to his car. I think I'll be going to a different dog park next time...and bring my pepperspray! Here's a couple of pictures I took while there. One of Shorty...and another of the lovely view (HUGE POWER LINES...that's another reason not to return!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't take a picture of Shrek???

Nevermind. . . I think you painted a pretty good picture for us.

Gidget said...

No way! I wasn't going to encourage him by snapping photos.