Tuesday, May 16, 2006

ba da dump*ba da dump*ba da dump*bump*bump...(the Paul Revere music)

by teresa

This morning has gone well so far. No attitudes or whining. Ben did complain a little about his throat being scratchy. I sure hope he isn't getting sick.

Right now I am waiting for Nick to get dressed. This usually takes FOREVER! Eventhough I pick out his clothes and have them laying there.... he dilly dallies until the last possible minute.
Playing with toys...watching cartoons in his room...stacking the dixie cups in the bathroom into pyramids...etc.

Chris got up around 3:30 this morning...YIKES! He had a flight to catch. He is in Atlanta for a couple of days...then North Carolina at the end of the week. I guess I will just fill the afternoons and evenings with double karate lessons for the boys. Lauren has to work tonight....so I might as well not cook. Just pick up something on the way to karate.

Nick and Lauren are both downstairs now....arguing a little. Nick wants Lauren to do his hair this morning...and she is not in the mood to be bothered. For the past two days she has fixed his hair into a "faux hawk". He has loved the attention from her and his friends thought he was so cool yesterday. I wish I would have taken a picture. It looked pretty funny!

After the kids leave I will make the beds...do a tub of laundry...and get ready to go to Ben's school. I have been keeping up with the laundry everyday...so each morning all I have to wash is what we wore the day before. I hope to keep on top of it....but I know it's only a matter of time before it gets the best of me. I'll miss just one day...and then BAM...it multiplies overnight! Laundry is not my friend...but the dry cleaning man is! I have started taking my shirts (the button up dress ones) to the cleaners each week with Chris' things. It's nice to have them clean and pressed and waiting in the closet to be put on.

Man...that reminds me. I have got to clean out my closet. Just like the laundry..I try to keep up with it. Wash...dry...and hang up immediately! This works for about a week or two. Then I get slack about it and the next thing you know I have towers of clean clothes tucked into the sides of my closet.

Lauren just came in and sat with me here in the office. She is nervous about her Boston trip tomorrow. Worried about not packing enough stuff or the right stuff. We will go over her itenerary tonight and make sure she has the appropriate outfits. Her Orchestra class is going to Boston. They leave at midnight Wednesday night and come back Sunday night at midnight. They have a full schedule. Thursday they arrive, check-in, and go to six flags. Friday they attend a classes at a conservatory in Boston. Perform at the Christian Science Church, visit Plymouth Rock, Salem witch museum, haunted ghost tour and more. Saturday they go to historic downtown Boston along Freedom Trail (Paul Revere), Boston Tea Party museum, and more. In the evening they are attending a Boston Pops concert. Sunday after breakfast they are leaving for NYC. Once there they have tickets to the musical Chicago at the Ambassador Theatre. After the show they will make the long drive home. Sounds fun...but exhausting!

Nick will also be gone for a couple of days. His Royal Ranger troop is going on a hiking trip Friday, Saturday and coming back Sunday.

Now...if I could only get rid of Ben....any takers? Just kidding! It will be nice having one child for a couple of days. Those of you who have one kid...and complain about it....have NO IDEA!! When you have 3 or more children...and you just take ONE out of the mix for a day or so...it's like a vacation! Just one...and the dynamics are shifted. It's a wonderful thing! Although I will be waiting anxiously for Nick and Lauren to return to the homestead! I like to keep them where I can see them!

I just remembered... it's American Idol night. Yeah!! By the way...what is the genre of music being sung tonight? I forgot. I think my mind went blank right after they called Chris' name to go home. My Greys Anatomy finale was SO great last night! McDreamy and Meredith kinda got back together again (if ya know what I mean *wink*wink*). I get so sad when my shows end for the summer. Next sunday will be the finale of DHW. Katy and I love this show...and call each other while we are watching it. We answer the phne not with ...hello? But with..did you see her dress? Can you believe he is cheating? I would have slapped her silly! That was the best episode ever (we say this each week)! What will we do all summer without our weekly fix?

1 comment:

The Yanceys said...

I am really bummed that Chris was knocked out last week, that I kinda (and hate to admit this) but have lost interest.

I know, I know, my husband tells me that "I'm old enough where my wants won't hurt me," but I REALLY wanted Chris to win.

I think I am borderline groupie (from a far.)

Though I have to say, I CANNOT miss DHW finale...it is sooooooo good!!