Tuesday, May 30, 2006

back to the old grind....

by teresa
I am a little tired this morning. We shouldn't have stayed up watching the Miami Heat play last night. Although, they won...so it was kind of worth it. I love this team because...well for one..Shaq! He is SO great...and seems like he's really into family. His kids and his wife are always with him. That's rare for such a huge star. Second...Alonzo Mourning went to school with Chris and I. He was in many of my classes from Jr. High to High school. Even after his kidney transplant a few years back...he's still a strong player. Impressive!
My alarm didn't go off this morning. I'll check it later...I bet I had it set for PM by mistake or something. I just happened to roll over and look at the time...and it was 10 minutes after I usually get up.
I went into the boys room and picked out their clothes. When I woke Ben up he was wining and saying...I'm not going to school anymore! I want to sleep! I got him dressed as he lay there. Then he said...I want you to take me so I can go back to bed! Then he ran in our room and jumped in the bed with Chris.
I knew it was going to be hard for them to get up this morning. This whole 3-day weekend has been nothing but staying up late...sleeping in...and playing HARD! It will take them a couple of days to get back on schedule. Only two and a half weeks of school left. I can't wait. No more alarm clock till September!
Out cookout went great yesterday. Lots of good company and good food! We ate for like 7 hours straight. The kids got in the pool...and I stuck my feet in. It is still WAY too cold for me to get in. Even just putting my feet under the water almost sent my body into shock! BRRRRRR! The kids on the other hand...jumped right in. Amazing...the temp. doesn't faze them at all. Even Kaden got in up to her waist....and didn't even make a face!
Once everyone leaves this morning I am going into CLEAN mode! I pretty much stayed on track with the laundry all weekend..but there is alot of straightening to do from all the company. I also have errands to run..dry cleaners, drug store,library..etc. So it should be a busy day. Here's some pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time yesterday! The rain cleared up in the afternoon for a little while here so the kids all got to go out just long enough to burn off some steam before it started raining again!

Anonymous said...

The weather couldn't have been more perfect and I really enjoyed spending time with my whole family. Thanks for cooking, Chris. It was delicious.