Monday, May 15, 2006

comic relief

by teresa

This morning I was met with groans and whines from the boys as I tried to get Ben up for school. He kept covering his head....pulling his little feet away from the socks I was trying to put on his feet. Hiding them in the covers. I started singing(a song called..ain't nobody here but us chickens)...I got nothing! Telling them about a funny dream I had last night(where I looked outside and my dad was stringing up huge gaudy Christmas lights all over the neighborhood)...I got nothing! I was singing and dancing on the bed(a little ..There's no business like show business)....I got nothing! I begged and pleaded reminding Ben of what time it was...and how he was going to miss the bus....I got nothing! So I did would any good mom (e.g. Cosby, Cleaver, Cunnigham, Brady..etc) would do! I LET ONE RIP! That's right...I whiz popped with all my might! And it worked people...the boys sprang up like jack-in-the boxes. Laughing their heads off. Cause....moms (especially theirs) just don't do that! The rest of the morning went great. Giggles and cooperation! Maybe I'll do an encore tomorrow if the situation calls for it! I'm always willing to sacrafice a little dignity in the name of peace and harmony!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the not only got up but they ran out of the room, too.

You're so funny!!