Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Family fun

by teresa
After dinner last night Chris and I took the boys out in the backyard and played with them. They looked so excited when I suggested it. I was like...hey guys...why don't you get your shoes on and lets go out in the backyard. Why?..they asked. So we can play ball. You are coming too mom? Yep...me and dad will come play with you! Yeah!!! They ran out back with Chris while I finished up in the kitchen. I joined them and we played soccer... football... and basketball until it was time for showers and bed (and American Idol). It really wore them out (especially since they had both had karate too). The weather was perfect...clear, breezy, no humidity. It was nice family time.














I can't wait until our backyard renovations start. Did I mention that Chris is having a basketball court put in the backyard? I think he is more excited than the kids. We were getting our driveway repaved...and he decided to pave half of the backyard too. (over 2,200 sq.ft. of concrete:) So we could have a dining/entertaining area and a basketball/skateboard area. Lots of new plants...garden furniture...and such will spice up the backyard. Chris even promised Kai he would buy him a skateboard ramp (this makes me nervous). I think the concrete man is going to start sometime next week. So it won't be long now.

No comments: