Monday, May 15, 2006

I had a great Mothers Day!

by teresa
I had a really nice Mothers Day. I hope you all did too.
We had church in the morning...so the kids gave me my presents before we left. Some cards (even from the dog) and some cool handmade stuff from school. And Lauren got me a food processor(Chris helped with the $). Her and I watched a show a couple of months ago on Food Network. The chef used a food processor to prepare everything. And it all looked amazing! I commented about wanting one. And she remembered that! I was very touched by that....and I can't wait to use it.
After church we all (Katy her kids, mom,the daddy,Jackie and George, and the 5 of us) went to Atlas restaurant and had lunch. It was sooo good and toooooo filling! Chris and I came home and napped while the kids(yes...all the kids) were downstairs playing playstation. Lauren did homeowrk and then napped too. Then she went to teen church at 7:00.
She came home last night from teen church around 9:45pm (they all went to Coldstone icecream after the service). She went straight up to her room...then came down around 10:30pm. Chris had gone to bed and I was up watching Greys Anatomy (which was great...and the 2 hour season finale is tonight!!). She came over to the couch and asked...mommy? Did you really like your present? I assured her that I did...and how I appreciated her remembering our conversation from so long ago. She smiled....obviously pleased with herself. Then she asked... can I go to the bank after school tomorrow and deposit my paycheck? And can I go to Barnes and Nobles too? I was like...why would YOU go to B&N? She said...I thought someone was getting you a book or something...since that's what you always...always want. But no one did. So I thought I could go by and get you a gift certificate. AWWWWWWWWW! Isn't that sweet? I told her to save her money...that she didn't need to do that! She seemed adament about it.
I already know what book. I will buy this one. (look at the left side of the site for the article on the author...Mike Lupica) He is a great writer. This book is about a boy playing baseball....the last one I read was called Travel Team...about a boy playing basketball. And it was outstanding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie she is! I love shopping for books. If I could, I would spend tons of money and several hours just getting lost in Barnes & Noble!