Monday, May 01, 2006

I hate the icecream man....ok...that's not nice! I strongly dislike the icecream man!

by teresa
Do you have an icecream man? We have two in our neighborhood. The dueling icecream men. One is "The Blue Bunny" truck...and the other is some guy in an old delivery truck that has been "pimped" with freezers inside and scotch taped pictures of icecream on the outside. This man also has no teeth! Yikes! They have been bombarding our hood for over a month already. And I am about to loose it! No matter what my kids are doing (homework, eating dinner, etc.)....they snap to attention when they hear the Ragtime theme song playing in the distance. And then the begging begins. Pleeeeeaase! Pleeeaassee! Gimme..gimme..gimme!!! Now it doesn't matter if we have popsicles or whatever in the freezer. They will not be satisfied until I pay $1.50 for a powerpuff girl icecream on a stick (or other such frozen delight). And this is just the Blue Bunny truck. Then about an hour later the trailer park icecream man comes. He doesn't have a song...just a bell (brrrrring brrrring!) When you ask him for something...he never has it. Ben looks at the pictures and it takes him FOREVER to make up his mind. Then he chooses....I'd like that Spongebob icrecream with the candy eyeballs please. Umm, we don't have that! ?? Ok...then he wants the jumbo neopolitan icecream sandwich please. Um, we don't have that! DUDE! Then take down the pictures!!
I always swear I am going to pay these guys off at the beginning of the summer. You know...here's a $50....stay away from Hazel Ave....or the bunny get's it!
You would think they would get wise and start offering Starbuck's in addition to their other menu. Couldn't you imagine that? Your doing the dishes and you hear that Ragtime theme song in the distance. You root around in your purse for some ones....throw on your flip flops...and hit the porch! Pacing...waiting...wanting....until you see that truck round the corner. Then you knock your children (and any other rugrat who dares get in your path) to the side to be first in line for your Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Blended Crème....Venti!
A girl can dream...can't she?

2 comments:

Peggy said...

you need the ice cream man in my daughters neighborhood. The kids hear him playing music so run out with their money only to see him flying down the road. He doesn't slow down even with kids chasing him. My son in law says he must not get commission on what he sells. My daughter has to load the kids up and go to dairy queen.

Peggy said...

I just thought... maybe one of the moms in my daughters neighborhood paid him off.... LOL I will have to tell her.