Thursday, May 25, 2006

it's got a nice beat and it's easy to dance too

by teresa
I just got home from my Thursday morning commitments (MIT and Ben's school). Ben wasn't even there today. The second graders went here on a field trip. And then they will stop at a farm/park on the way back to school for a picnic lunch. I hope he doesn't act up on the bus ride back again.

Lauren had some good news yesterday. She was elected secretary for next years (her senior year) Operation Smile Club. She also found out she was elected onto the class council. So with those, varsity cheer squad, Alpha, yearbook,and her Target job...she will be a busy gal. All these extra curriculars will look great on her college apps.

I had to go out and buy new phones yesterday. We have cordless phones downstairs. But I could only find one for about a week. Well I found it finally....outside. The boys had taken it out with them...although I can't imagine why. It had been rained on and no longer worked. So off I went yesterday to Target (of course) to purchase new ones. It was not very easy to make a decision. They had too many to choose from...too many different features. I even tried to call Chris while standing in the aisle...but he must have been in a meeting (in NC.) so I just picked the coolest looking ones!

The men will be finished up with our concrete today. I am so relieved. Yesterday Ben and I sat on the porch watchng them pour and smooth out our new walkway by the porch. Ben said, "cool...that looks like fun". The worker, who had been silent all week looked up at Ben and said,"boy...you better stay in school". "You don't want to be doing this when your my age." Ben was like....uh...ok. It does look like some hard work. Hunched over all day. My father is a retired roofer. so he used to be hunched over like that all day long....and 100 feet off the ground! That's some hard work! anyway...Now I think we have to wait a week before we can drive on it. But only 24 hrs to walk on it. Chris comes home tonight...he will be very happy! This weekend we are going to spend alot of time (and money) creating a backyard haven. New patio furniture...pots and plants...new basketball hoop...and all this for the kids enjoyment. I hope the weather is nice for a Memorial day cookout on Monday! Are any of you guys doing the cookout thing? If not...just scoot on over and we will put on some burgers for ya!

As I am writing this... the construction workers radio is B L A R I N G! I'm sure the neighbors are loving it!
Snoop Dog's Drop It Like It's Hot is on ....it has a nice beat...and such lovely lyrics...

I'm a gangsta, but y'all knew that
Da Big Bo$$ Dogg, yeah I had to do that
I keep a BLUE flag hanging out my backside
But only on the LEFT side, yeah that's the CRIP side
Ain't no other way to play the game the way I play
I cut so much you thought I was a DJ[scratches] "two!" - "one!" - "yep, three!"
S-N double O-P, D-O double G
I can't fake it, just break it, and when I take it
See I specialize in making all the girls get naked
So bring your friends, all of y'all come inside
We got a world premiere right here, now get live! So don't change the dizzle, turn it up a little
I got a living room full of fine dime brizzles
Waiting on the Pizzle, the Dizzle and the Shizzle
G's to the bizzack, now ladies here we gizzo
I'm a Bad Boy, wit a lotta hoes
Drive my own cars, and wear my own clothes
I hang out tough, I'm a real Bo$$Big Snoop Dogg, yeah he's so sharp
On the TV screen and in the magazines
If you play me close, you're on a red beam
Oh you got a gun so you wanna pop back?AK47 now nigga, stop that!
same issues, now I'm on the move
Your family's crying, now you on the news
They can't find you, and now they miss you
Must I remind you I'm only here to twist you
Pistol whip you, dip you then flip you
Then dance to this music we Crip to
Subscribe nigga, get yo issue
Baby come close, let me see how you get loose!
Snooooooooooop.Snooooooooooop..

I know...those of you who know my husband Chris are probably in awe of how much this song describes him. I agree...it's pretty uncanny! Chris also wears his blue flag on the crip side....drops it like it's hot and fills our living room full of fine dime brizzles. hee hee

what's a brizzle anyway?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A brizzle is a broad. Come on Teresa you should know that...aren't you down with the lingizzo. I ain't even gonna say what dizzle is.

Anonymous said...

That comment was from me. I forgot to put my name.

Anonymous said...

Should I even ask what the Crip side is? And what is a blue flag?