Saturday, May 20, 2006

just call me little miss muffet....

by teresa

My date night went great! We met up with Katy and her kids...and my mom at the park near Katy's house. The park was very full...which made it hard to keep track of where the kids were. There were several of "those" moms there too. You know who I'm talking about. The moms who are at the park...in heels! Heels..and tight sparkly jeans. This cracks me up. They keep sinking down in the playground mulch trying to chase their kids around. The kids played for a while, but it got very , very chilly....and the kids were all in short sleeve shirts. So we headed to a chinese buffet near Katy's house. We got distracted by a CHKD thrift store two doors down from the restaurant. It was a wonderful place (that I am going back to sometime this week). They had many children's books that were on my list. But they were all in shopping carts...so it was hard to sift through to the bottom. So I will go back later in the week and dump those puppies out in the floor and go through them! Once inside the restaurant...the kids were like ravenous dogs! Especially Kaden. That little one can put down the grub! Katy couldn't get one bite herself without Kaden screaming and pounding on the table wanting more. I know it was aggravating for Katy...but it made mom and me laugh and laugh! After dinner we went over to Katy's house and watched Nanny McPhee. Ben and I had picked it up on the way over there. I know, I know...we are probably the only ones in the world who haven't seen that movie. I took my kids to see it once...but it sold out before we purchased our tickets. Well...it was GREAT! We all really enjoyed it. I had no idea it was going to be so good....I thought it was just silly and funny....kinda like that movie Matilda. But it had a wonderful storyline....and Colin Firth *sigh*. Ben and I came home after the movie and climbed into bed together. It was about 10:00pm by then. He wanted me to read to him. So I read about 35 pages of Junie B. Jones smell something fishy. Then I looked over and Ben was asleep. I was tired too....so I decided to stay in bed and go to sleep. We slept great....but when I got up this morning....there was a smushed spider under my covers.....G-R-O-S-S! I HATE SPIDERS!!! This freaks me out to think it was crawling around on me when I was sleeping...aaaahhhhhhh! Okay...I am better know. Katy is coming over in a little while and we are taking the kids to the Jubilee. So I'll come back later to read how your weekend is going. Have a great Saturday!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just rented Nanny McPhee the other day and we loved it too!

I'm terrified of spiders. Last night I walked past what looked like a carpet fuzzy and it ran away! I had Andrew chasing the "huge" spider around with a shoe in the middle of the night! Good thing he loves me!

Gidget said...

Spiders...yuck!
Colin Firth...yum!

Please tell me you have seen Bridget Jones Diary (1 & 2)! Funny stuff!