Friday, May 12, 2006

let the music play...

by teresa
My morning has been a lot of running around. It was nowhere exciting...so I won't bore you with the details.

Later I am going to Ben's school for "beautification" day.

Which is actually just a day where they let the kids go outside and weed the flower beds. Then help plant some donated flowers. Moms and dads get to join in the fun too. Yeah! *sarcastic* I don't even like weeding my own flower beds!

Speaking of Ben's school...a few weeks ago they started playing classical music over the speakers during lunchtime. Now usually I am there doing my "desk job" during the lunches. And I tell you...they sound like wild animals in there! The head lunch monitor is constantly having to blink the lights and calm them done. Sometimes even putting them on silent lunch. But since they have started playing the classical music, it has all changed. The kids are quieter and haven't had as much trouble controlling themselves. I think this was a great idea! It's like that saying...the music soothes the savage beast. Well I think that theory has been proved at Norfolk Highlands Primary!

Maybe I will start to have NPR on in everyroom of my house...24/7! Quieter days...less fighting...more relaxing...better attitudes.

I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

Wonder if would work for Jr. Kids Church and Kids Church?

Anonymous said...

They get to hear music in the cafeteria while they eat? Lucky kids!