Monday, May 22, 2006

THEIR BAAAACK!

by teresa

Lauren and Nick have returned to the flock. Nick around 5:00pm last night....and Lauren around 6:00am this morning!
Lauren called from New York last night around 11:30pm. Seeing as she was supposed to be home at 1:00am....this was not good. Apparently one of the three buses had broken down....so they sat at a rest stop for 5 hours waiting for a new bus to arrive. Good grief!!
I told Chris when my alarm went off this morning ....I think Lauren is home. I said...she touched my arm a few minutes ago (I think)...and I opened my eyes and saw the back of her as she left our room (I think). I started to wonder if I just dreamed it. But a peek out the window for her car proved that she was indeed real. I can't wait until she is rested and up so we can chat about all the highlights.
Nick hasn't elaborated too much about the camping trip. Just short, to the point answers.
Did you have fun?......YES
Did your friend Jonah have fun?.....YES
Did you get tired during the hike?.....A LITTLE
He did say one thing that really cracked me up. I don't know if this was one of the ranger commanders yanking his chain...or if he missunderstood what they said.
I asked him....what were some of the things they cooked that you liked to eat?
His answer was....Oh...I had some really big hard boiled unfruitalized ROOSTER eggs! They were really good mom!
Ok...I got two problems with this....unfruitalized? I think he meant unfertilized. Rooster eggs? Huh? I'm fairly certain they weren't rooster eggs.
I will ask his grandfather(one of the Ranger commanders) what the deal is with this.

I'm so glad they are home safely. The only down thing is...they brought their dirty laundry home too! And you know me...I hate to have more than 2 tubs off laundry to do. Now I have about 6 or 7 waiting for me.
BUMMER!
I'm off to take care of it...bah bye...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The unfruitilized rooster egg thing sounds like it could have come from any one of the knuclehead Royal Ranger commanders. :)

Zephra said...

Thanks for stopping by. I always like to meet new bloggers. Glad you kids got home. Sometimes it is nice to see them go but it does not take long to miss em.