Friday, May 05, 2006

Where are You Going

By Chris

Teresa says my voice has been missing from the blog too long. O.K.

I'm home alone after skipping out on family dinner plans. I was so tired after getting back from Baltimore today, that I quickly fell asleep after I jumped in the bed to watch tv (thinking I would just watch the weather and see how the stock market did ((UP 130+ points!!)). I was half out of it when Teresa says "Do you want to go with us?" Huh? Go where? Oh yeah, the cousins are in from Warrenton and everyone (meaning about 8 kids and 6 or 7 adults) is meeting at point X to go out to eat. "Where are we going?" I ask (I have two reasons for this question: 1) I don't like to eat everywhere and 2) I'm wondering what problems that many people will have eating at the same place.) Of course, Teresa doesn't know the answer.

So, I make the stupid man mistake. Since she asked "do you want to go?" , I thought it actually was a question. Of course now that I've shaken off my sleepiness, I'm realizing that it probably was not really a question. And, therefore, my "no thank you" answer and falling quickly back to sleep probably didn't go over too well. But, they're gone now. I'm sure I made it easier for them to get a table somewhere with one less person. She should be thankful for that, right? I think I'll also change the air filters, just to show I was productive while dissing the dinner plans.

No comments: