Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm feeling a little rooty tooty...

by teresa

Today has been a mix of emotions for the kids and me. Ben almost started crying once he got off the bus. Which of course made me teary! He was sad to not be seeing his friends everyday. He also will miss his teacher Mrs. Keagy. Nick is leaving the haven of intermediate school...and heading over to the ....dun dun duuuuun (dramatic music)...MIDDLE SCHOOL! Alot more hustle and bustle and hormones. And we all know how well Nick handles change. Definitley not good with change! He likes all things the same. SAME SAME SAME...EVERYTHING...ALL THE TIME...THE SAME!
The teachers loved their gifts... books...of course! I also took some goodies to the office staffs at both schools. I feel like I leave Lauren out all the time. Outside of parents night at the beginning of the school year, I haven't spoken to any of Lauren's teachers this year. Once their in high school...it's time to cut 'em loose! Plus...if I showed up to her school with goodie bags for her teachers I do believe she would burst into flames right on the spot!
She took my video camera to school today. Before she headed to the beach she came home to change and drop off the camera(after her new camera phone was washed away at the beach...she was forbidden to take any electronics with her). I sat and watched a few minutes of the footage. The kids were all counting down the last minutes in class. The last minutes of being a junior (in their words). Once the last bell rang they all screamed...WE'RE SENIORS!!! 07 RULES!!! Then she proceeded to run down the main hall interviewing everybody she knew. They were all jumping up and down...yelling and hugging and congratulating each other. Carefree! I hope they all have fun and safe summers.
Once Chris came home we all went out back and played basketball together. We also cleaned out the garage and took lots of trash and empty boxes to the street for trash day tomorrow. I love getting the garage nice and clean. I also would like to put the old basketball hoop(old, ugly,taped together) out to the trash (which was our plan when we got the new hoop), but now the boys (I mean Chris) are complaining about having to get rid of it because they enjoy playing a full court game. Good grief! Maybe once everyone falls asleep tonight I'll wheel that sucker to the curb.
We are heading over to IHOP for dinner. Thursday nights kids eat free! Sounds good to me. That rooty tooty fresh and fruity has my name ALL over it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm...IHOP...

Anonymous said...

Us grandparents will all be praying extra hard for Nick this summer. God can ease his anxiety. We pray that God will send His angels to surround Nick this summer to keep him safe and guard him from a spirit of fear and anxiety. We pray Nick will be so full of the joys of summer there will be no room for negative thoughts. In Jesus Name we claim these things for Nick.