Wednesday, June 14, 2006

party time...excellent...

by teresa
This morning the boys literally bounced out of bed. Both eager to get to school for their PARTY DAY! Since I spent all day at Ben's school yesterday (field day) I went to Nick's school today and hosted his class party. But before I went to school I had my MIT meeting this morning. It was great and uplifting as always! Right in the middle of praying my cell phone started to ring. Nice! Of course I couldn't find it right away in my purse. There I am digging in my bag...one eye still closed...trying to stay "in the Spirit" while the theme from Ragtime was ringing out from the floor. One of the mothers that attends the weekly meeting said her pastor says....if a phone rings during my service...that person has to give $10 to missions! I thought that was cute. We decided not to meet weekly during the summer, but instead meet just once a month. And have those meetings at the beach or over someone hose who has a pool. That way we could bring our children (there are 10 children between all the ladies of our group). I'll be looking forward to that! Anyway...after the meeting I came home for a few minutes. I heard a siren as I was getting out of my car. I ran to my porch(remember...it was raining) and waited to see if it came close. The ambulance and fire truck came right to my house and stopped. They got out and went in to my neighbors house. I've spoke about Miss Gerri before. Yikes! I threw my junk in my front door and ran across the street to see if I could help. Chuck was not feeling well. His breathing was labored and Gerri couldn't get him up to the car to go to the hospital...so she call an ambulance. I made calls to their kids and family while Gerri got dressed we prayed together and then she headed to the hospital. I haven't heard anything yet...but I continue praying that he is feeling better!
Nick's party was a success! Lots of fun and lots of food. Eventhough only 4 parents did the rsvp to me, letting me know what they were bringing....lots more parents sent stuff in. I was so relieved. When you are room mom...sometimes you get stuck doing and bringing EVERYTHING!! And that's just not fair! Nick had a blast and then got to leave early with me. His teacher gave me this....very nice! When Ben got home from school he had this for me from his teacher. Are they trying to tell me something? Am I like dry and ashy?
Tonight is church....and then we will attempt to get our children to bed. It will be in vain, I'm sure...because they are SO WIRED about tomorrow being the last day of school. I am heading to Ben's school in the morning for PTA business and to visit in his class. Then the next two days will be laundry and packing for our trip. I'm so excited...I can't hardly stand it! I hope we have good weather!
Oh yeah...I forgot to say...YIPPEE!! THE HEAT WON LAST NIGHT! They are still down 2-1 in the series...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! GO SHAQ!! I was up till midnight watching the game...which was literally down to the last few seconds! Phew! Tonight is "So you think you can dance". I hope it's not over before I get home from church. Last weeks episode was pretty good. I'm starting to get my favorites already.

1 comment:

Zephra said...

OH...I liked you until I saw you were a Heat fan. Just kidding but Go Mavs anyway.