Monday, July 31, 2006

The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.

by teresa

Yesterdays time was mostly spent on getting ready for Lauren's cookout. I think we went to the grocery store three times...because of forgotten items. Lots of teens came....and they all seem to have a good time. The pool was a big hit. The ages of kids (not including Nick and Ben) ranged from 14-19. But once in the pool...they all acted around 10years old.




























It was pretty fun to watch. After the pool they ate...and ate and ate and ate! Then they played DDR and then they broke out the board games....Life and then scene it. I think it was around 11:00pm when everyone left. Lauren had wanted the girls to spend the night...but then she remembered cheering tryouts are today. So she would need to be up and out early. At her school even if you have been on the squad for 3 years...you still have to try out each year. So there is always a chance of getting cut. She is pretty sure she is going to make it...but keep your fingers crossed for her anyway!
This morning I had Nick up at church at 6:50am. The bus for Jr. camp was leaving around 7:00. I am so glad he is going....he is going to have such a great time. The camp is in Prince George, Va. (which is only about and hour and half away) and it's our church conference's new facility. Much better than the church camp I went to as a kid(in Buckingham, Va.). It was woodsy...dirty...smelly and creepy! This camp has a skate park...paintball...swimming pool...etc. He will be returning Friday afternoon. Too bad it's going to be hot as hades this week for them! Our 7 day forecast had two 100 degree days in it....YIKES! I'm glad the camp has A/C. Here's a picture of all the kids before they left.



















In a few minutes I'm heading over to Katy's to pick up Kristian and Kai. A church around the corner from us is have VBS all this week and I signed all three of them up for it. It will give them something to do...besides drive us crazy! I hope to have a few minutes today to sit and catch up on all your blogs...I miss you when I go a day without reading.

Hasta la vista baby!

*stay cool*

1 comment:

Watkins said...

We had a great turnout for VBS. Hope the boys had a good time. I had them for the first hour and Kristian all day. I love the music the best. Mel