Thursday, July 27, 2006

blah blah blah blah blah....sorry, I couldn't think of a title!

by teresa

I had to be at school this morning for a PTA meeting. Nick had already left for school....so Lauren watched Ben for me since she doesn't have to be a cheering until 1:00. I walk in at 11:30 and Ben says....mom, can I have BREAKFAST? Apparently Lauren forgot to feed the boy! How rude! I'm surprised he didn't speak up...or take it upon himself to get his own breakfast.
I am instant messaging with Chris right now as I write this post. I'm sooooo tempted to write something "dirty"...but he would probably kill me since it goes through the system at work. Have you seen that commercial..where the man is in a meeting and his wife sends him a message over the computer and a picture of herself...and he excuses himself quickly for lunch and runs out of the board room for home? I should do that! hee hee hee
Not really much planned for today. Just karate this evening and Old country buffet for dinner. We go every thursday night because kids eat free! $20 for the four of us ain't bad! I can't even cook for that much! I say four of us because Lauren hardly ever graces us with her presence! The other day Chris and I discussed how it feels like we only have two kids most of the time. Nick and Ben. It feels this way because Lauren (now 17) is hardly ever home. With a part-time job, friends, and a car...she is MIA most days. With Nick and Ben I am making decisions for them from the moment they get up...to the moment their head hits the pillow. What are they going to wear....have for breakfast...activities for the day...watch on tv...etc. With Lauren...if I'm lucky she eats one dinner with us in a week. Most of her meals are eaten outside of the home, with friends. I think she has sat down and watched tv with us maybe once in the past month. Most of her social time is without us. I scan through all the pictures I have taken recently, (cookouts,the pool,beach) and she is not in any of them.
Oh well...I guess that's just God's way of weening me from her....since college is coming so soon.

I thought of a few more questions to ask you guys:

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? As a child I wanted to be a roofer. My dad was one...and I loved the thought of being on top of the buildings. As a young adult I wanted to teach special needs children (speach therapy). Then I started having kids...and that was that! Maybe I'll go back to school one day.

2. Are your children named after anyone? Who? Lauren Paige (my mom is Karen Page)...Nicholas Wesley (FIL is George Wesley)...Benjamin Reid (Chris' grandparents last name was Reid)

3. Have you ever witnessed a baby being born? Yes...Kaden (my neice) was the first baby I have ever seen born in person. It was seriously the coolest hing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also got to cut the chord and go to the nursery with her for the first bath and shots :)

4. How young are you? 35...36 in Sept.

5. Did you play sports as a kid? Yes...softball and soccer

6. What is the last job you had (before stay at home mom)? Traffic coordinator for national radio news network.
If you are a working mommy.....you go girl!!

That's all for now....hope your day is filled with sunshine and hugs from your family!

6 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

HI! More questions. Fun. :-) I might need to borrow this for my blog. Would you mind??

Okay, here goes...

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher. I played school from the time I was 5 until I was well into middle school. I became a teacher and taught 3rd grade for 2 years before "retiring" to be a sahm.

2. Are your children named after anyone? Who? My son is named after both his grandfathers. My daughters have names I just like with no sentimental significance.

3. Have you ever witnessed a baby being born? Nope.

4. How young are you? 34. Sigh. When did this happen?

5. Did you play sports as a kid? Nope. I'm totally uncoordinated.

6. What is the last job you had (before stay at home mom)? Medical Transcriptionist -- I did this when my first 2 kids were little.

The Yanceys said...

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? - I wanted to be a teacher

2. Are your children named after anyone? Michael "Tyler" - Michael after Daddy Michael "Shawn", the Tyler part was a name my husband picked out when he was 15. Joshua Gray - A name we just kept going back to.

3. Have you ever witnessed a baby being born? Only on the lifetime channel

4. How young are you? 33 (January baby)

5. Did you play sports as a kid? Yes, soccer and cheerleading (yes, it is a sport)

6. What is the last job you had (before stay at home mom)? Still a working mom. Communications Director, NC for the American Cancer Society

These questions are sooooooo much fun!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. When I was small I wanted to be either a farmer or a busboy!

2. Ethan Andrew (Andrew is my husband) and Gideon James (James is my FIL).

3. No, not in real life. For awhile I was obsessed with those maternity shows on the Discovery channel though.

4. 31

5. I was an ice-skater when I was 8-14 years old and in high school I did cross country, soccer, and track. Now I try hard to outrun my bum! I think it's catching up, though!

6. I worked at Blockbuster Video. Oh so exciting! I would never work in retail again if I can help it!

Watkins said...

1. A McDonalds eater (haha) - I think I achieved that goal with my daughter. I also wanted to be a teacher but you need a lot of schooling. I might substitute teach next year. I must be crazy.

2. Jamie is the female version of James (my husband) and Beth is my middle name. She is a part of us.

3. No

4. 37, where did the time go?

5. No, just played outside with my sister and the neighborhood kids with all the balls mom brought home from the sporting goods store she worked at.
I sang in the chorus instead and my senior year I worked part-time.

6. I have always been a secretary and then part-time billing clerk last year.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»