Tuesday, July 11, 2006

fireflies and freezie pops...

by teresa
The kids and I are about to head out to the 5-day club. I haven't really done too much so far this morning. Just the usual (unload dishwasher, fold clothes in dryer and put away, make beds, make breakfast). I did break out all the old videotapes. Most were not labeled...so the boys and I have been scanning through them this morning...tagging each tape and case. Kids grow and change so quickly...that you don't even notice it. In the videos from just this past fall and Christmas the kids look like babies to me! How does this happen? I want it to STOP! NOW! Freeze time...to when they still spend hours in the backyard catching fireflies...and a freezie pop can erase any hurt or attitude...when Junie B. Jones is the hottest book in their library...and it's cool to play the cello...or dance around in your boxer shorts singing along to all the parts in the movie Aladdin. I love my kids...they get on my nerves sometimes...but I love them and want them to stay with me ALWAYS! College...marriage...move away...I DON'T THINK SO! That makes me sad just thinking about it! Well...I guess they can go to college (but live at home while doing it)...they can get a great job (in town!!!)...buy a house (next door)....marry (someone from our church would be preferable)...and bless me with many grandchildren (they all come over for dinner EVERY weekend). Sounds nice...kinda like one of those Walgreens commercials...in Perfect...that's how it would be. But we don't live in Perfect do we?
I will stop moping about what is to be...and just enjoy what is...
So I'll talk to you guys later...I'm off to enjoy the afternoon with my kids.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing having you living right next door to me and seeing my kids and grandkids all the time. I don't even like to think about how it would be if we all didn't live close by.

Anonymous said...

I get all teary just thinking about the first day I watch my big guy walk off into the kindergarten classroom!