Saturday, July 01, 2006

the first step...is admitting that you have a problem...

by teresa

I believe that my husband has an addiction.

He spends most of his extra time doing this...

He even had blisters on his hands from doing it so much...

What is it, you ask?

DigDug!

We took the boys playstaion on vacation with us. One of the games they brought was a compilation cd with "old school" games on it like Ms. PacMan...Galactica...DigDug...etc. Well...us adults really got into this cd. Having Ms. PacMan and DigDug challenges each night. Once home from vacation Chris' obsession continued. Up late trying to beat my high score of 35,000. One night this week his flight from Atlanta didn't get in until after 11:00pm. The boys and I were already asleep when he got home around 11:45. When I got up in the morning he says to me....last night...I BROKE YOUR RECORD!! HAHAHAHA! I SCORED OVER 40,000 BABY!!! I'm telling you...he's unstoppable!
Yesterday...after many days of trying... he got a high score of 74,220. I have never seen him that happy before. It's really hilarious! He is even drawing me into the problem (I'm such and enabler). Him and I sat there for an entire hour....going back and forth trying to beat each otheres scores. We even fussed at Nick the other night for coming up and asking if he could have a turn. Poor Nick. We were like....go away...it's OUR TURNS!! I wonder if there is a 12 step program that can help us.

If you have any suggestions of how we can break our addiction (our any ways I can kill 4 pookas in a row with my giant stone) please comment me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! You guys are so funny. Impressive scores, though. I was really liking Ms. Pac Man while on vacation ... eventhough Ben puts me to shame. As a matter of fact I've been looking Ms. Pac Man for our Playstation. What is the name of your cd?