Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of Joo-ly!

by teresa
Hope you and yours are having a happy 4th!

Our clan has just been hanging around the house all day. Enjoying snacks...movies...digdug...and Life (you know...the game LIFE). We picked up that game at a yard sale this weekend....and the boys have played about 15 rounds already. I love board games(monopoly,trivial pursuit,scrabble)...how bout you? I also love card games (go fish, hearts,solotaire,crazy8's,UNO). I need to get somebody to teach me how to play poker. It looks kinda complicated.

Actually...right now it's pretty quiet here.

Nick rode his bike over to Chris parents house (2 blocks over). Lauren spent the night with a friend from church...and is still there. Ben went next door to play with Kai at mom's house. Katy was over with Kaden for awhile...but they went back over to mom's. It's nice (but seldom) when it's this quiet! I could get used to this!

I just cut Chris' hair(he's such a cheapskate!!...He refuses to pay to get it cut!) After he gets out of the shower we will put our kabobs on the grill. They have been marinating for about 3 hours. I made teriyaki chicken and teriyaki steak...kielbassa and potatoes...sweet and sour pork and chicken...and ham with pineapples. After all the work it took putting them together...they better taste yummy!

I think we are going to go watch fireworks tonight around 9:00. There are many happening around us...so we have our pick of where to go.

Talk at you guys later....


One nation...UNDER GOD...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love board games, too. My husband however says there is a reason the word "bored" is in the name! Having little guys, the board games we play around here are things like Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Chutes and Ladders, and Candyland. Ethan is finally getting the hang of Crazy-8's, but I still have to keep all of my cards spread out for him to see in order to keep it "fair".

I'm glad you guys all had a good Fourth of July!

Anonymous said...

You didn't need to go anywhere to see (well, mostly hear) ... they went on in our neighborhood all evening.

Anonymous said...

Nick showing up was a very pleasant surprise. He made our (otherwise boring) day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa, I'm sure that Jim would teach you to play poker...he's even better at poker than he is at Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit!

Gidget said...

Thanks Beth!
I'll have to take Jim up on that!
Love you guys...