Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm a pepper...your a pepper...he's a pepper...she's a pepper...wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

by teresa

Today the boys have been busy. They went outside and painted "the daddy" some pictures for his birthday party tonight. "The Daddy"...my grandfather...turns 89 this weekend. So mom is having a party for him this evening. I am so looking forward to a piece of her cake...she bakes the yummiest chocolate cakes! They painted pictures of the YMCA (my grandfather has worked out at the Y five days a week since 1980...never missing a day!) and painted a big birthday cake. We have them drying outside until the party.












Nick also gave Shorty a bath. Which is no easy feat! That dogs is terrified of the bath...and as soon as he sees you get the shampoo or start the water he runs for dear life! Nick finally got him locked in the bathroom (after 2 escapes) and scrubbed him for a good half hour. The dog was really smelling funky! Now he smells like that strong medicated flea killing dog shampoo. But it's still better than what he smelled like before.














Lauren is heading off to cheering practice. They work the mess out of them let me tell ya! They will be running the bleachers for like and hour today...then situps, pushups and wolves(an excercise where you have to get on your hands and toes like a pushup...and crawl laps like that around the halls inside the school). Doesn't she look cute in her workout clothes? I like her elmo socks.














I keep my air conditioner on 65 degrees during the months of July and August. I like it like a meat locker in here! I bought a case of the best drink in the universe a couple of days ago and had it sitting out on the counter. I reached in to get one today and it was COLD!! As if it had been in the fridge! Ha Ha Ha! Does my family like it cold in here? I don't know...they really don't have a choice! I can't function when I am hot...and we all know...if momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy! So they just put on sweats and bundle under blankets to get comfortable. Last night Lauren was snuggled up to me on the couch..."MOM...it's SOOO COLD in here"..she whined. I was like...it feels stuffy in here to me! I wonder if "the change" is coming early for me.
I'll post pictures after we return from the final the 5-day club meeting.

bye bye

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the fact that it is a little chilly at the Green homestead sometimes. It's even a little chilly for me, a (shall we say) 50 something woman. The cold Dr. Pepper is hysterical. I have noticed that the ice in your glass doesn't melt at your house. We have our t'stat set at 72 ... maybe that's why Teresa doesn't come over much in the summer. We can turn it down when you come visit.
Lauren looks adorable in her work out clothes ... I like her Elmo socks.
The boys' pictures are really nice ... I bet Grand daddy likes them alot.
In case I haven't told you lately Teresa ... I love reading about your's and the kids summer days. Not as good as being there, but, a close second.

Anonymous said...

Can you send Nick over to bathe the cats?

Anonymous said...

Grandaddy loved his pictures and birthday cards. I hope we have many many more birthday parties for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to 100 or more!!!

About your house. . . it IS FREEZING over there. It actually feels good to go outside and warm up a little after being in there.

Tell Lauren we missed her at the BD party last night. I still have some cake and ice cream left if she wants some.

Gidget said...

In my defense...our thermostat is downstairs by the front door. And when it's 70 downstairs...it feels like 80 degrees upstairs. So I mainly keep it turned down so the upstairs will be bearable to sleep in.