Wednesday, July 05, 2006

it's a dirty job...but somebody's got to so it!

by teresa

Last night we watched a show on Discovery channel called Dirty Jobs. I don't know if you have ever seen it before...but we LOVE it! The host goes around the country taking over peoples jobs for the day. But the jobs are always dirty...or gross. Like last night was him doing and exterminators job. They were called to a trailer where this family lived...it had roaches. It gave me the heebie jeebies just watching it. Everywhere they looked there were hundreds of roaches. Open a drawer...swarms! Tapped on the answering machine...some came scurring out! They put the camera up to the cabinets and you could hear them moving everything around. They gave an estimate that there were around 70,000 roached in that home! Ewwwww! I don't know about you....but I get itchy just thinking about it. I hate bugs!! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!!

Another one of our favorites on the Discovery channel is Deadliest Catch. On the show cameras go out with these crabbing boats into the Bering Sea. These crews go for a couple months of the hardest...coldest (10 below) work I can imagine! They don't sleep for days...their boats have like 3 feet of ice on them that they have to chip away with hammers. Sometimes they get good catches and sometimes it doesn't pay off at all. Harsh!

I have to go to a PTA meeting at 8:00am....so I better be off. Later we will head to the dojo....and then to the bookstore. Ben wants to get a Junie b. Jones book (it's the only one he doesn't have)...and Nick wants some Egypt book.

Adios...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate bugs in my house. Outside, I can pick them up and look at them with the boys. Inside is a whole other story. Even the sight of a single ant makes me feel like my kitchen is filthy and I immediately scrub the floors and countertops and start going crazy with the ant spray around the floorboards! My poor children have to flee to the park like little refugees of a wartorn country!