Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

by teresa
Have a nice day smiley
How was your hump day? Mine went great! Ben and I totally vegged on the couch in our jammies till like 11:00am. We watched a movie and colored some pictures....now that's some good fun right there!

Nick got home around 1:00pm (I had homemade tacos waiting for him) and he was jabbering away during lunch about school. He really enjoyed it...and I'm happy about that. The funny thing is...we thought he was going to be taking spanish. The form I filled out said introduction to foreign language....and it had several choices of languages available. Well, once he was there they assigned languages to the kids. And Nick was assigned...Russian! He was fine with it...so I'm fine with it. I mean...this is only a 2 week class for fun ....offered to fill the kids idle time during the summer.

I stitched up the couch and washed the shower curtains yesterday. I don't know what I'm going to do around the house today. I washed clothes(what everybody wore yesterday) before I went to bed last night....so there's no laundry to do today. I was yelling...Everybody take off your clothes NOW and get in your jammies so I can get this last tub in the washer. The boys thought this was great and immediately got naked. What is it about boys and being naked. They love it...I think they'd run around naked all the time if we would let them.

Last night before church I took Nick to his new school. They had sent home a letter the last day of school about a summer accelerated reader program. It stated that the school library would be open every Wednesday night during the summer for the children to check out books and then take AR tests on the books. And that all points earned during the summer, would count toward the first nine weeks of school. It also stated that if 5 points were accumulated over the summer...there would be big rewards come September! Accelerated reader is a computerized reading incentive program for students at all levels. It is in all the schools here...from kindergarden to high school. The children read any book that is on the list(the lists for each school's books in our city are at all the local libraries). Take a comprehension quiz on the computer. Earn points to win prizes. The books have different point values based on how hard the book is. Like, Junie b. Jones...is 1 point. Harry Potter... is 30 points. Some teachers make it mandatory to count as part of the children's reading grade (like you have to earn 5 points a nine weeks). But most teachers just encourage it...and give prizes for every 5 points you get. Well last night Nick earned 37 points! He took a test on this book...and this book. He was so excited...he said that next week he wants to try to take 4 tests while he's there. I also made friends with the new librarian and her assistant. They took my name and number to try to book me for some volunteer hours. You all KNOW how much I will love that!!

We recieved a wonderful package in the mail this week. It was like Christmas in July!! A young woman at Chris work read on our blog how much we were enjoying playing "old school" playstation games with the kids ....so she mailed us a slew of cool games she had stored in her closets. We all had so much fun yesterday afternoon. DigDug has been replaced with Frogger!! I *heart* Frogger!! I was SO kicking everybody's butt at it! I just want to give a big shout out to that sweet gift giving lady...THANK YOU SANTA!!

Friday night...and all day Saturday...the boys karate school is putting on their annual summer karate clinic. So you know what that means....DATE NIGHT!! Chris doesn't know it yet...but he is taking me out! I think I want Italian. What would your ultimate date dinner be? Tell me! Inquiring minds want to know!

So...did anybody watch SoYouThinkYouCanDance last night? I don't like how they broke up the couples....it mad me sad! I still think Travis (from VaBeach) is really great! I also love Allison....she is so pretty...and dances beautifully. Chris had a thing for the host. He thinks she's all that..and a bag of chips! That's okay with me...I am watching for some of this! If you watch the show...tell me who your favorites are.

Well...Nick's off to school. I was so tired when the alarm went off...I promised myself that as soon as he left I would crawl right back in bed. But NOOOO....now I'm all wide awake! I think I'll go sit out back and read the paper. Hope you wonderful people have a wonderful day!

Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're in the mood for Italian, I hear Karabas (sp) is really good.

Anonymous said...

Ultimate dinner date has to be PF Chang's! I love that place but it is waaaay too expensive (and waaay too far away - 4 hour drive from our house) to eat there very often.

Boys do seem to love being naked. Every night at bath time it takes forever to round up the boys because they're having so much fun running around in circles naked and screaming "Eeeeek!!! Naked!!!" every time they see each other!

Watkins said...

Date night? My husband has been working until 9 pm for the last year so usually me and Jamie head out on Friday nights to eat. Of course McDonalds or Cicis are her favorites but sometimes I can get her to go to Applebees with me. Dessert first!!