Monday, July 31, 2006

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap...

by teresa

It's late...and I'm up.

I am just not tired. It may have to do with the fact that Ben and I took a 2 and a half hour nap today....but that's just a guess. We snuggled in bed (with Shorty) and lazed away the hot afternoon. Life is good!

Lauren is out right now (that may be another reason for me not being able to sleep) with a friend from church (Hunter...ring dance, remember). I don't feel like I can relax upstairs with her out. *the joys of parenting a teenage daughter* She will be back in a few minutes....and then maybe I will go upstairs and read until I get sleepy.

Ben had a great time at VBS. He saw lots of friends from school, soccer and karate....which made him very comfortable with me leaving him there. He's also been singing the theme song all evening *it's driving me insane already* I mean I'm glad he is so into it! Tomorrow we will pick up Kristian and Kai for day two of VBS fun! I'll make sure to take a picture of them in their cute "Arctic Edge" t-shirts. That's the name of the VBS...Arctic Edge. The sanctuary is set up to look like the Alaskan Outback. Pretty funny huh....since it's going to be like 100 degrees tomorrow!

I hope Nicky is having a good time at camp...and not missing his mommy too much. Ben remarked today that maybe he would like to go to kids camp next week. Huh? When the subject came up at the beginning of the summer he was like...NO WAY JOSE! But now all of sudden he feels like he wants to go. I'm not liking that...I think *I would miss him* he would miss me too much. It would be for 4 nights...at the same camp Nick is at this week. And if he went...Kristian would go too. He's never been away from me that long before. Only spending a night here and there with his grandparents. Hmmmmm...I'll have to really pray about it.

It's now after midnight so I'm heading upstairs. Goodnight to you all....and pleasant dreams!




oh...I forgot to tell you. Lauren made the cheering squad. She was very happy when she got the call this evening. Isn't that torture? After tryouts the girls have to go home and wait by the phone for the call from the coach to know if they made it or not. So tomorrow the INTENSE practices begin! This coach dont' play around...she is a slave driver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lauren.