Wednesday, July 12, 2006

so I'm a mean mommy.....I can live with that!

by teresa

Today has been pretty hohum. Not much to report on. We ended up not going to the beach this morning. Frankly...I just couldn't pull myself out of the bed. I just was not tired last night...I ended up staying up till about 4am! I never...ever do that! I read...watched a movie (the Matrix...I had never seen it)...read some more. I just couldn't get tired. When Lauren left for work around 7:45am...I felt like I hadn't even slept yet. So I rolled over and went back to sleep. Ben came into my bed around 8:30am and we layed there watching Mr. Roger's neighborhood for awhile before getting up.
Nick went with us to the 5-day club today. Looking at him around all those elementary aged children made him look so grown. It was hot...and he was bored...and he told me he will be staying home tomorrow. Whatever! There were lots of kids in attendance...and they all seemed to have a great time. All us moms sat around chatting about different VBS's going on around town that we can take our kids to the rest of the summer. I need to find out when our churches VBS is. Ben always enjoys that so much. Last year they had a rock climbing wall set up in the church parking lot (the theme was something about climbing to new heights with Jesus).
Once we got home Ben wanted to go over mom's and get in the pool with Kristian and Kai....but I had to be the "mean mommy" and make him come home with me. He was pouting hard! I told him it was reading time...and we went up into my room and climbed on the bed to read. We had already picked out about 6 books earlier in the day for this reason(and he was excited about it)...but knowing Kai and Kristian were next door was too big of a distraction. He kept looking out my bedroom window reporting on what they were doing. At one point he said to me...I bet no other kids have to be tortured with reading time everyday! Isn't he a sassy pants? Of course I didn't give in. I mean I knew Kristian and Kai would be there later for him to play with (they are at mom's between 7-9 hours a day....seriously!). Anyway..he finally climbed up and layed across my lap and we enjoyed all the books he had picked out from the library on our last visit. He was laughing...and we took turns reading to each other...it was nice! Nick didn't join us...he was hold up in his room still reading HPHBP. It's a long book...but I think he will be done tomorrow. He keeps running in and telling exciting parts he has come to in the book. He definitely shares my love of all things Potter!
I am a bad girl...I have sent the kids to church tonight with Lauren so I could have a few minutes to catch up on you guys blogs...and do some tidying around the homestead.
So you think you can dance comes on in a few minutes...so I will get in my jammies and enjoy.

*peace* *love* and *soooooouuul*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parkway's VBS is August 13 through 16. It should be good. We're having a Child Evangelism Ministry Team come in to do most of it. As soon as I get some final details I'll Blog about it.