Wednesday, July 19, 2006

to the bus...

by teresa

Good morning!

Nick's summer school (introduction to Spanish) started today. So I had to set my alarm for the first time since school ended. The boys and I have been sleeping till 9:00 or 9:30 most mornings. So 6:30am was a bit of a shock to my system. Nick, on the other hand popped right out of bed with no problem. I had him take a shower last night... so all he would have to do in the morning was dress and eat(waffles and juice). One of the things he was most excited about was riding the bus. Our neighbor (two doors down) Mrs. Pat is the summer school bus driver...so she had told him if he was there by 7:00 (school begins at 8:00) he could go with her to get the bus each morning. Of course he took her up on this offer! Eventhough it meant getting up an hour earlier.

He will be home around 12:30...so Ben and I will just hang out (play with his cars and read)together till then. Nick asked me to not do anything fun until he gets home!

Once Lauren and Chris leave for work I will do my morning chores (make beds...scrape up a tub of clothes to wash...unload dishwasher). Right now...I'm going to just sit here and enjoy my alone time!

Todays project will be stitching up some ripped seams on the back of the couch.

adieu..to you...and you and you and you...

2 comments:

Zephra said...

To have the bus driver a few doors down. That would be great.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Nick really enjoyed his class. It would be so nice if Pat could be his bus driver all the time.