Sunday, July 30, 2006

yard sales make me happy....

by teresa

Yesterday was so wonderful. My Uncle and his family came over early in the morning. Us girls hit the yard sales in the area and the boys played at home. I found some amazing deals at the yard sales. Video games, toys for Kaden,sparring gear for Ben (the entire set for $10....I was about to order it from the dojo for $80),a couple of books,earrings, new Nike tennis shoes for Nick, a brand new Gymboree backpack, a water cooler to take to soccer practices, and some more keychains for Ben's keychain collection. What fun! Mom and Aunt Beth got some great deals too. Once home all 13 of us went out to lunch at The Surf Rider restaurant(great crabcakes) and then came home and played in the pool. We ordered pizzas for dinner so the kids could continue to play at home. They are leaving to go back to No. Va. this morning....we will miss them!
This afternoon Lauren is hosting a cookout/pool party for the church youth group. So I am about to run out to Walmart and get some yummies for everyone. I also need to get some travel size toiletries for Nicky....he will be leaving for church camp early in the morning, and I need to pack him up later.
Oh yeah...Chris got me a laptop so I will be able to be more organized for my PTA responsiblities. I can take it to the meetings...and enter the minutes right on the laptop now....very cool! My Uncle Jim got it all up and running for me yesterday...thank you Jimmy!
I'm off to the wall-of-mart. If I'm not back in 4 hours...send out a search party!

Here's some pictures of the kids fun yesterday.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yard sales are great! When I was pregnant with Ethan, I saw a basinett at Babies R Us that I wanted so bad but we WAY couldn't afford at the time. It was something like $250. I went to a yard sale that same weekend and they had the exact same basinett for sale for only $16! Talk about a great deal!

Gidget said...

man...that is a great deal!