Monday, August 28, 2006

clean your room....is that too much to ask?

by teresa

Last night I told Lauren she couldn't get back on the computer until she cleaned up her room. She went in her room and I didn't see her the rest of the night. This morning after she left for cheering I walked by her room and everything was still all over the the place. Grrrrr! She had to go to work right ofter cheering...so I didn't see her again until 10:00pm tonight. I told her no computer until she cleaned that room! Just then Ben comes downstairs. I thought he had been asleep long ago. It seems he had snuck into Lauren's room....and cleaned it for her. Clothes picked up, bed made, vanity wiped off and straightened. He was coming downstairs to get the swiffer for the carpet. This just cracked me up. How sweet of him to do this for her. He had overhear Chris and I discussing her messy room earlier...and took it upon himself to clean it for her. Lauren just looked at me and smiled like the cheshire cat. Knowing now that her room was cleaned she could get on the computer. But....you guys know me....it can't be that simple...right? I told her that Kristian, Kai and Ben were outside for hours this afternoon. They left tons of toys , balls and the bikes out all over the backyard. So I told her she could cut on the back porch light...and get a flash light...and clean up their mess(and put it away in the garage) ....and then she could get on the computer!

She just came in all sweaty and breathing hard from cleaning up. She looked at me as if saying....well...let me on the computer now. I informed her that I would be a while....I still need to read all my peeps blogs for the day. She huffed out of the room. hee hee

It's now 11:04....I have been on the computer for an hour visting my favorite people. Lauren keeps peeking in here...and then stomping out. Waiting to get on the computer. I'm so mean! hee hee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when parents use psychological warfare on their kids....

Zephra said...

LMAO!!! She thought she had gotten away with it didn't she.

Anonymous said...

My mom used to punish me by taking the telephone with her when she would go to work during the summertime so that I couldn't spend all day on the phone talking to my friends!

Anonymous said...

Good one Teresa. You really have to stay on your toes at your house, don't you? Watch it, George. Those are our grandchildren you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

Good one Teresa. You really have to stay on your toes at your house, don't you? Watch it, George. Those are our grandchildren you're talking about.

Valerie said...

LOL That was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Did Lauren thank Ben for cleaning her room? That was really nice of him.