Monday, August 28, 2006

I don't want to be a dum dum...I want to be a smartie!

by teresa

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.

The day just flew by.

Church...then out to eat.

Came home, changed, cleaned a little, then layed across the bed only to be snatched from the early stages of a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap by a phone call regarding PTA business. So I jumped up and did some work then Chris and I ran around looking for some Smarties candy.

All us MIT ladies are doing something special for the teachers today. Since it's their first day back we made signs (Thanks for all you do to make our kids Smarties..yada yada yada..love Moms In Touch) But alas...we couldn't find any dang blasted bags of Smarties anywhere! We went to Sams club just knowing they would have some...but NO! We almost got some dum dum suckers and I would have changed my sign to read....Thanks for keeping my kid from becoming a dum dum....but I thought some people might be offended. So I opted for boxes of Starburst...and made a cool "Shing Star Award" certificate thingy. It turned out real cool.

This morning I have done my usual boring cleaning stuff. I got a little behind on the laundry this weekend...so I have spent the morning catching up again.

I need to run out later and get Nick's school supplies. He is very excited to get this done. I also need to hit RackRoom shoe store (buy 1 get 1 half price) and get the boys shoes. Ben only needs one pair of sneakers...but Nick needs some new boat shoes and sneakers. Chris told me to spare no expense for Nick....because he needs to be looking smooth for middle school or he will be teased. I think he told me this just so I won't go super cheap. Like last year he (Chris) had a fit because I bought Nick a pair of shoes from Farm Fresh Supermarket. They looked cool to me...and they were only like $10.

So the boys and I are heading out to the middle school and the high school (I don't know how I ened up with the schools with the most teachers:0) to put our goodies in the teachers lounges. And then off to spend some of that hard earned money my man brings home to me! I love you baby! :0P

Later we are going to karate. We took the whole week off last week...so this week we are going to do double lessons most of the week.

Hope your Mondays going well. I'm jealous of all you guys who's kids are at school right now. I got one more week....one more week! I can make it...I know I can! Tonight the boys and I are going to have a nintendo playoff. I am just in a Mario kind of mood. Speaking of Mario...you guys need to click over here. It's so cool. I am going to break out the old casio keyboard and try this myself later.

2 comments:

Gidget said...

Mary...you need to stop! I have seen the error of my ways...I will never buy shoes for my children while picking up some chicken for dinner.

Chip wears a 15? OMG!

Lauren wears and 11....which is pretty large for a girl.

Watkins said...

I'm sorry - we got our smarties at Roses nearby when we picked up some school supplies. Jamie's teacher always used them for rewards. I took our basket to school already for the teachers luncheon on Wed. We survived our first day of girl scout day camp- 4 to go - what was I thinking! Melanie