Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired....

By Teresa

I feel as if my batteries need changing. Today I'm sitting there in karate watching the boys lessons one minute...the next I am jerking out of a cat nap. Drooling...leaning to one side...the newspaper I was reading on the floor...and I think I was moaning (I think that's what startled me into consciousness). There were a few stares....so I scooped up my things and went to the car (totally flipping embarrassed) until the boys session was over. I have got to get to bed earlier from now on. I have been up late(till after midnight) watching movies or on the computer. When I wake up (around 7:30am) I feel fine...but then around 2:00pm I feel like someone pulled my plug. I have got to get my pep back up before school begins!

Today the kids went to a neighborhood church and watched the new VeggieTale movie. I picked up Kristian and Kai and took them too. They had lots of snacks, games and goody bags. Guess what was in the goodybag.......PLAYDOUGH! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I thought this was funny since I blogged about my dislike of it yesterday. God has such a neat sense of humor!

Tonight wraps up VBS at our church. The kids are sad...but I am worn out! Tonight is also going to be family night. All the parents are supposed to stay with their children...and after the performances we are hosting a cookout. The boys and I are going to try not to linger because.....tonight is the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance. Ben is so thrilled about it. I get such a kick out of his enjoyment of the program. His cheers...claps and bravos for the contestants. I seriously think if Travis Wall doesn't win...he will cry! Ben loves him that much!

The boys are getting along alot better today. This is probably due to the fact that I have had them busy with something since they opened their eyes this morning. This was their day... Wake up...shower...pick up Kristian and Kai...Veggie Tale Movie...home to pick up karate gear...back to Kristian and Kai's...off to karate (double lessons)...home to change for VBS...off to church...home...pajamas...separate rooms to watch tv till they go to bed! If I could keep them this busy everyday...there would be harmony and peace in my house forever! Of course I would drop dead from exhaustion by 40....but there's always a price to pay for happiness!

One of the children from the nursery at church has the chicken pox. I have held, fed and changed this kid in recent weeks. I have never had the chicken pox. Not good! Kaden woke up with a fever this morning and has felt bad all day. I hope she doesn't have them. My youngest two kids have had the vaccine. But I can't remember at what age they were given it. Katy doesn't think Kaden has ever had the vaccine. Nor does she remember if Kai or Kristian have ever had the shot. Man...that would NOT be fun...three kids with simultaneous chicken pox. Here's a picture of me and my precious little neice this past weekend. Notice the "fro" I was sporting. I recieved so many positive remarks about my curly hair...I styled it like that a couple of times this week.






















Well...I'm off to church. Hope you are having a nice day today. If there's rain where you live...please send it my way. My lawn and flowers are looking sad!

4 comments:

Watkins said...

I know you are tired. You are doing so much with VBS plus your regular activites. I hadn't been able to check our blogs - Christine is staying in the room with the computer. Trying to catch up for a few minutes while they play outside. Sorry I didn't read about the playdough before our movie - ha ha.

Anonymous said...

My little brother and I both got chicken pox twice. My brother was really small both times, but I had them when I was 4 and then again when I was 24! NO FUN!!

Anonymous said...

Chris had Chicken Pox when he was 18. As a matter of fact he had them on his 18th birthday. If your kids have to get them, it's much better that the get them when they're little ... they don't get nearly as sick.

Anonymous said...

Our VBS was AWESOME! Although I'm really tired, I'm sorry it's over too. Getting to watch Ben worship and to pray with him (and the other kids) at the altar thrilled me to no end!