Monday, September 18, 2006

and these are the days of our lives....

by teresa

I'm sleepy.

I got to bed late last night.

I don't know WHY I do that when Chris is out of town.

I lay down fairly early....and start to read. Then I roll over...and it's after midnight!

Also keeping me up late was Lauren. Around 11:30pm she remembered that she was supposed to bring a cake for a teacher today. It's one of the things her club Alpha does as a service for the staff. Remember last time? Anyway...she remembered around 11:30. She was like...maaaauuuummm! I forgot about the cake and I have to be at school early tomorrow for a Operation Smile meeting. Is Farm Fresh open before 7:00? I told her I didn't know about Farm Fresh...but I knew Walmart was open 24 hours. She was like...I don't want to get up earlier...so I'll just go now! And she did. Midnight...Walmart...getting a cake. So I got up...came downstairs...and waited for her to come home.

Not much planned today. Put a couple things in the mail...laundry...and maybe give the dog a bath. Also...Katy and I will be going it alone at soccer practice tonight in Chris' absence. We only have two more weeks till games begin...so we will make sure to give them a good workout.

Nick has been doing very well with his new eating plan. Not much whining or cheating. I think the Dr. really got through to him. He has been riding his bike and even walked to Chris' parents twice this weekend. I told him when the weather got a little nicer (cooler/no rain) we would walk to his school in the mornings together a couple times a week. Continue to keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, teenagers! At least Lauren didn't ask you to make a cake at midnight ... and ... she can drive herself to Wal-mart.
Nick did great at our house. We did have to persuade him NOT to watch Food Network, though. It was causing too much anxiety (for both of us) :).
LOVE THE GARFIELD PIC!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed walking and bicycle riding with Nick yesterday. We'll need to do it often (should do it every day).

Grandaddy would have a fit if he knew Lauren went to Walmart at midnight. He didn't even like it when you went the other night. . . and it wasn't even that late.