Sunday, September 10, 2006

A day of rest

by teresa
I'm just taking a break before I wake the children for church.
I tried to sleep in just a few extra minutes...but my bladder won't let me.
Don't you hat that?

I plan on doing nothing today after church.
No cleaning...no emails...no blogging...nutin!
The upcoming week is going to be SO busy...that I'm not going to get a chance to breath again until around Friday.

And I am looking forward to Friday so much. It's our cities annual libray book sale weekend.
They set up a huge meeting room with about a hundred tables. And then the tables are stacked high with books. and under each table are boxes filled with more books. It's glorious! And they are like a quarter each!!!! No matter what shape they are in. I like to find old, vintage childrens books. I have many that have inscriptions in them. Like..."To my darling neice Judy, on her 10th birthday....1911." It's like discovering treasure. I usually bring a box or sturdy sshopping bag to drag around all my finds. It takes hours to sift through every pile...but I love it. And...on Sunday, if you come to the final day and help them clear things out....you get whatever you want for FREE! Have mercy!

Have a blessed Sunday!

3 comments:

Watkins said...

Sounds fun - is that the Indian River Library or ?

Gidget said...

Melanie...it's the Central library in Great Bridge. It's from 9-4.

Mary...You can never have enough books! Your right...sometimes naps do more harm than good. You wake up feeling like a truck ran over you.

Lisa...Nick used to wake up and the first thing out of his mouth would be.."BISCUIT!" Not hello, not I'm hungry, just biscuit! He still has a biscuit love going on to this day.

Anonymous said...

Free books you say? I'll see you next Sunday!

I was able to take a really nice nap this Sunday and boy did I need it! I have to wake up sometime between 5 and 5:30 am to get everybody showered, fed, and dressed (this part usually takes the longest because I have to search for the ties and belts that got tossed onto the floor last Sunday and that I swore I would pick up right after my nap!)in time for church, so I never get enough sleep the night before. At least now the sun has the decency not to mock me anymore. Getting up that early in the summer with the sun already cheerily warming the grass always gets under my skin a little bit!