Friday, September 22, 2006

Everybodys working for the weekend...

Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go....

I'm sorry...I just had an 80's flashback. I had a Loverboy poster in my bedroom. I also had a poster of Michael Jackson...Billy Idol...Duran Duran and Adam Ant. What posters ,if any, did you have in your room as a teen?

Ok...enough of the big hair...blue eyeshadow and two-toned jeans with zippers down the leg....now back to my regularly scheduled post...

We finally got our soccer schedules today. I ran to the community center to pick them up...then came home and made snack schedule for the parents. I need to run out in a few minutes and pick up the jerseys (which I dropped off 2 days ago) with the kids names on them. Our first game is next Saturday (the 30th) at 10:00am. So if your a local fan of the family...come cheer us on!

We also had our MIT meeting today. Isn't it nice to unload all your problems on a sympathetic ear. To hear that your kids aren't the only knuckleheads around and your not the only one feeling pulled in a hundred directions...and those people who seem so perfect and together....struggle with the same things you do. Women helping women.....it's a powerful thing! Do you gals have anything like this? Any prayer group or book club or girlfriends night out?

Tonight we are heading across town for an away football game. It's a great hometown rivalry. We are playing Great Bridge...another school here in Chesapeake. Even back before Chris and I were in school...these two schools have not gotten along. So we will make sure to be loud...and be proud. Kristian will be going with us this evening as a reward for her having a great week at school and at home with her behavior. Nick said he would not like to go since he won't be able to work in the concession stand. So he and his nanny Jackie are having a date night.

Some time after soccer pratice in the morning I must run out and buy two birthday presents. Ben came home this yesterday with two invitations from schoolmates...and he begged to go to both. So...I need to run to Target and pick up alittle something. Next weekend we have two more birthday parties. Nick's friend from church...and MINE! I am still trying to figure out where I want to go to dinner for my birthday. I want to cheat....and cheat BIG!!! Any suggestions? If you could go anywhere...where would it be? And what would you order?

Well I'm off to run some things to the drycleaners before they close. I'll make sure to take pictures at the game tonight of us trouncing Great Bridge!!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posters on my walls...Jane's Addiction, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Nirvana, and...oh yeah, River Phoenix (he was just too cute!).

Our church gets together in three sessions each Sunday. The first is Sacrament Meeting which is our regular church service. That's followed by Sunday School where we get our Good Book learnin'. Then we have Relief Society for the adult women and Priesthood or Elder's Quorum for the adult men. Relief Society is where we do our woman to woman thing. We have a little lesson, share womanly and spiritual experiences, cry on each other's shoulders and offer a helping hand. RS is responsible for taking care of arrangements for bringing meals to families if someone is sick or had a baby, arranging for people to sit with shut-ins and invalids during the day, taking care of food and such to be served after funerals and making sure the families are able to take care of everything associated with making the final arrangements, and other such humanitarian things. We assemble things like Back-to-School Kits for underprivileged children and make quilts and Humanitarian Kits to be sent out to disaster stricken countries. (RS had a big part in making sure that the survivors of the tsunami in SE Asia had the basics to keep hygenic and healthy.) Basically, it's an opportunity to serve and be served within our ward family and also globally. Besides the Sunday meetings, we also meet once a month for Home and Family Enrichment where we do some sort of activity that helps you become a better wife, mother, and person. It's a church-wide organization that's been functioning since 1842. Phew, sorry to get so long winded there! My church calling is to do the Relief Society monthly newsletter and I just finished working on October's newsletter this afternoon so I've got Relief Society on the brain!

Where would I go for my birthday dinner? Either Olive Garden (if we even had one in Idaho) or Winger's. At least we have a Winger's right here in town!

Have a great day! And good luck on your game Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I almost forgot about PF Chang's! How could I forget totally delish Chinese food? It's just too bad the closest one is in Salt Lake City - a four and a half hour drive from our house!

Anonymous said...

I'd go to Ciola's if it were still open. Guess what. . . Alice sais she would give me the recipe for Ciola's spaghetti sauce (as long as I didn't give it to any restaurant). Of course I wouldn't do that. I just want to make a BIG batch of sauce for us. I can't wait to go to her house to pick it up.

Watkins said...

I had Andy Gibb with no shirt on! ha ha And I went thru the Michael Jackson phase too. My little sister liked Billy Idol. My mom loved MTV and rock and roll.

I used to always go to Olive Garden for my birthday with my sister but James doesn't like it so sometimes we go to Devines (Italian) - our little hole in the wall. I also love seafood. If I remember to use my Entertainment book, I try to go to Alexander's on the Bay and Gus'.

I love our moms in touch group. Invited another mom today who is helping me with the book fair at school.

Zephra said...

I had a *gulp* Donnie Walberg poster from New kids on the Block.