Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm back

by teresa

Yesterday my ENTIRE day was spent cleaning my house. I was cleaning when Chris left in the morning...and cleaning when he walked in that evening. I clean all the time...or I guess you would call it "maintaining". I dust, make beds, swiffer, use the bathroom wipes,etc. But rarely do I CLEAN. Move furniture, empty closets and drawers, under beds, scrub walls and floors and crevices on hands and knees. That's what I did yesterday. It felt so good to get it all done.

This morning was a nightmare. I felt terrible when I woke up. Sick to my stomach and achy. I had lots planned to do out of the house today. But the puking and the fact that I couldn't find my keys kept me home all day long. Actually I went back to bed and didn't get up till 1:30pm. I feel fine now. I little light headed...but better.

I'm so glad I am feeling better. Because who wants to be sick for their birthday? I am looking forward to my day out with momma tomorrow. And then the football game tomorrow night...and then Saturday our first soccer game. What a great weekend! And the weather is supposed to be in the 60's. Yippee!

Yesterday I had a little project to get done for Chris. Someone at his work asked him for a baby picture. He assumes they are going to use it for one of those "guess who this is" kind of things. So I asked Chris' mom for some pictures and she gave me an entire box to look through. I had a great time looking through...remembering the past. Remember...Chris and I grew up together. So the family and friends in his families pictures are all familiar to me too. I took some of the favorites (and some from my photo albums) up to Eckerd and had them put on a disc so we could email them to the guy. It was so cool. Once I got the disc..I brought it home and loaded it into my picasa photo program. Then I was able to crop and retouch them. Center them and brighten them. It was so fun. I plan on taking a ton more pictures up there this weekend to get put on disc.
Here are some of my favorites....





Me and Chris at 16! That's some puffy hair there!






















Me (at 12) and my sister Katy (age 2).
I am so working that blazer and plaid skirt!























Me and my Uncle Jim. And my uncle John is holding on to my back so I don't fall off. It's his hand waving from behind.

















This is one of my favorites. It was yellowed...out of focus....and not centered. I was able to enlarge it and really clear it up. It's Chris and his mother Jackie. What a big smile he has....it looks just like my Benny!

4 comments:

Gidget said...

My birthday is tomorrow...Sept. 29th. I'll be 36!

Anonymous said...

I love to look at old pictures and remember special times.

You and Jim were the original "Best Buddies" club. You were always together and having lots of fun.

Lisa said...

Good for you! I soooo need to clean my house. I have to clean for my everyother week lady tomorrow and then I have to clean the preschool. I hope I have time to at least clean the bathrooms.

Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Especially the one of you and Chris at 16! I'll have to post one of me in high school some time. When I look back at those pictures, I can't believe how skinny I was! By the way, your uncle John looks a little bit like Harry Potter, at least in that photo I thought so. Maybe I've just got Harry Potter on the brain!