Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it!

by teresa

I don't have much time to chat today. I am due up at Nick's school in a few minutes to be the library asst. for the day. His librarian called yesterday and asked if I would mind helping her out ....that's pretty funny huh? She wondered if I would want to help in the LIBRARY??? She will realize soon enough that I am a library FAREEK!! I will be talking this poor woman to death about my vast knowledge of children literature...hee hee. She better watch out...or I'll take HER job!


I also wanted to thank eveyone for their prayers yesterday regarding Nick's doctors appt. Chris took him...and said he did very well with his shot and examinations. The diabetes check came back negative! Thank you God! But...they did have me take him EARLY this morning for some lab work(it took them 4 sticks to get blood from the poor kid...and he never cried once...that's the power of prayer!) to check for other things including his cholesteral levels. Chris said the boy was giving me up left and right at the doctors...telling her I give him fast food all the time. That made me a little angry since I DON"T give him fast food all the time! I had him sit and think about the last time I took him for fast food....and it had been like 3 weeks. But even that is bad. So no more fast food for Nick. DO YOU HERE THAT NANNIES AND GRANDADDIES???? No more junk...sweets and things high in salt and fat! She also talked to him about portion control and sneaking food. Which he does alot. So it is crackdown time at the Green's. We are all on a new eating and exercise plan. He has to return to the doctor in a month to recheck his weight and such....wish us all luck!

7 comments:

Zephra said...

I have a friends whose son is over weight and her doctor keeps telling her he will outgrow it. He is 13 now and has been putting on more and more weight. I keep trying to tell her he is not outgrowing it but that it is getting worse. She blames it on his father being big but I blame is on the fact that she packs him 2 school lunches and he eats a third time in the lunch line. I am glad you guys have a handle on Nick's weight and I am sure he will overcome it though it may be a long battle.

Anonymous said...

Got it. Guess we will need to stop buying cheez-its. :(

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to have some healthy snacks on hand. I'll eat up all of the ice cream and cookies so there won't be anything around to tempt him (just kidding) (No I'm not).

Watkins said...

I love the library too. You are so active. I am now in charge of the book fair. Any suggestions?

Gidget said...

Oh Lisa....a middle school library is anything but peace and quiet. I don't think it's possible for
7th & 8th graders (that's who was in there yesterday) to not talk to each other. It got pretty chaotic at times. Two classes at once...with about 25 in each class. And good grief...they are all huge! When did kids get so big? They were all towering over me already.

Anonymous said...

I like Nanny Allen's "sacrifice" for Nick's health and well being. The do make low fat, no sugar added ice cream that is quite good.

Anonymous said...

Teresa's right ... they do grow kids big these days. A room full of kids over the age of about 10 is a very scary thing.