Saturday, September 02, 2006

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality...
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see...
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy...
Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low...
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me...

This doesn't have anything at all to do with my post. I don't know why...but I love Queen. I know they were total freaks...and I don't condone their lifestyles and rock and roll lives. But the lead singer Freddie Mercury could sing! And who doesn't love "We will rock you" and "Somebody to Love" and "We are the Champions"? Admit it...Queen rocks!

Sitting here on the couch...messing with my laptop.

Ben just came down for like the third time. We put the boys to bed about an hour ago. Nick went right out (as always). But Ben keeps popping back down the stairs. He's so quiet you don't even hear him till he's right behind you. He never really wants anything...just comes down to say I love you...or get a hug. It's hard to get mad at him when he's giving you a big kiss.

Today has had it's ups and downs.

The ups...
Got tons of stuff done around the house (laundry,yard,garage,bathrooms,etc.)
Went out to breakfast with Katy and the kids.
Watched some great college football games (and we are still wtching some right now).
Cookout out in the beautiful cool weather with Chris' parents. We had ham steaks, macncheese and sweet potatos with honey butter...yummy!

The downs...
My grandaddy "the daddy" fell last night. He didn't call anyone until this morning. Just sat at home all night in pain. Mom and Nick rushed over after his call. He had a bloody head and couldn't walk (hip). They took him to the emergency room and spent 7 hours sitting and waiting. He has a big cut over his eye (which can't be stitched because he waited too long to go to the hospital), a black eye and bruises by his ear, and luckily no broken hip...just bruised really bad.
Went to 5 different stores to get Kristian her school supplies. Katy hadn't been able to get them yet...so Chris and I went out today to get it done. Because it was so last minute...we were unable to find things at most places we went. Very aggravating!

I am really getting excited about tuesday and the first day of school. I keep thinking about how I will spend my first day of freedom. Any suggestions? If you come up with some good things I will take a picture of myself enjoying your suggestion.

I know I said it in an earlier post...but I am so happy that the cooler weather is coming soon. This weekends little taste of it has made me even more eager for autumn to be here. Tomorrow after church the boys and I are going to make these to hang on the back porch.

Well...I am going to catch up on some of my favorite bloggers now.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings to you and your families!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had so many ups, when did you have time for downs? I hope "The Daddy" feels better soon.

Gideon gets up after I put him to bed. He lays on the floor in the upstairs hallway waiting for me to put Aurora into her crib. I tuck him in again and that's usually the last I hear from him until the morning

Watkins said...

I'm sorry to hear about your granddad - will pray for your family.

My first day/week of "freedom" - I want to read my Beth Moore Daniel study and spend some time in prayer this week. We might start painting my room - blue and I know 1/2 the day will be spent working on PTA stuff.