Thursday, September 14, 2006

Let's go sit in our thinking chairs....

by teresa

**warning... if you don't have children 10 and under...you will have no idea what I am talking about in this post**

I went over my sisters today.
I sat with the kids (she babysits in here home) and played and watched tv.
I miss my kids being young enough to watch Dora and Blues Clues. Those shows were great.
Especially Blues Clues! I had a major crush on Steve from that show. Seriously! He was so cute and good with kids (and cartoon dogs) and he seemed to embrace being a nerd. I thought that made him cool! Nick and Ben both loved that show and watched it EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail. One time a favorite show of Chris and I (Yes, Dear) had Steve on it. The dad was sitting and watching Blues Clues over and over and over (having vowed to never let his son be babysat by the tv) with his son and ended up falling asleep and having a dream he was in the show and dressed like Steve. It was too funny because it was my life. Then at the end of the episode the wife gets into bed to go to sleep and rolls over to kiss her husband goodnight....and MY Steve was laying there in his place. Tee Hee This cracked me up. Joining my two worlds together. My "mommy world"...where I changed diapers, watched cartoons (educational :), wore sweats everyday, held meaningful conversations with 3 year olds and got a shower about 2 times a week. And my "wife world"...where I tried to do all the things in my mommy world and still clean the house, cook dinners and try to look good enough to kiss every now and then.
But alas, all good and perfect things must come to an end. Steve went to college (at least that's how the writers spun it) and his cousin Joe came to live with Blue. Blues Clues lost it's edge...it's specialness...it's zing when Steve left the show. Don't get me wrong...Joe was nice...he was cute (if your into that big,black,bushy eyebrow look)....he had a neat striped shirt (blue...not green like Steve's)....and he did funny dances too. But I had faithfully watched Steve....I did the thinking chair song and dance with Steve....I loved Steve. And Joe.... well...H E...W A S...N O... S T E V E!!!!!!!

After writing this I googled the actor Steve Burns...and found this website. I am so sad. He looks like a crackhead now...and he is trying to make an alternative rock music cd. Have mercy! Hello....Steve.....why mess with success? Shave that mess...put on a funky, bright green shirt and some khakis...and call up your old friends mailbox, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, Blue and side table drawer. And get back to Nick Jr. and give Go Diego Go a run for his money dude!




2 comments:

Gidget said...

There is a picture on his site (the steveswabpage.com on the left side of the fan page) that looks dark and scruffy. That's the one I thought looked like a druggie.

I so love Yes, Dear too. Chris and I used to say it was us...and my sister Katy and her ex Keith.

Just a bit of trivia.....but did you know that the wife on Yes,Dear is the girl that sang beautifully(Rowena) in the movie Mr. Holland's Opus?

Anonymous said...

Gideon and Ethan LOVE Blue's Clues! Especially Gideon. He watches it in the morning and everytime he sees a clue, he starts screaming, "A clue! A clue! Over there! Behind you! It's a clue!!" He "participates" like that when he's watching Dora, too. Though Gideon calls her Una, I'm not sure why. But whenever we're in the store and we pass by Dora toys, he says, "Look Mommy, it's Una!"

That website was kind of funny to look at. I guess I never thought of Steve as a person other than his TV persona.