Friday, September 15, 2006

"You can never be too thin, too rich, or have too many books."

by teresa

Let me just say that I am super happy with all the treasures I found at the book sale today.
I was lucky enough to find four books that were signed by the authors.
Poetry...classics...childrens books and some excellent fiction selection. I believe it was forty books in all. I saw much, much more I would have liked...but I could no longer feel my fingers from the weight of the bags I was carrying. One bag was so stuffed it actually split the seam a little. oops!
Once I got home...and was sorting through all the new additions to my collection, I decided to start a spreadsheet with my book inventory....so we will all know exactly what we have.
I have begun four spreadsheets....Adult, Poetry,Childrens and Young Adult. This will help tremendously when the kids come in with required reading for school...and we can just peek at the list and see if I have it. And 9 times out of 10 I do have it. Is this the most anal retentive thing you have ever heard of or what? So far I have all the books in the office done....tomorrow I will tackle the living room bookcases and the boys room and hall shelves.
I can't wait till my birthday later this month. I have a LONG list of books on my Barnes and Noble list. I have told my family (for years) all I want is a Barnes and Noble gift card! The day after my birthday I usually go to B&N and spend a couple of hours choosing carefully what I want. The sales clerks look at me like I'm crazy when I pay with like 5 different giftcards. :0)

I'm off to get ready for the football game. Wish us luck!
Go Braves!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good haul. Wish I could've come too, but the drive is a bit far! :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all three points in your title.

Anonymous said...

Okay. . . you will get B&N again this year.