Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Been a Long Time

By Chris

I'm back. Not sure for how long, but after starting a secret personal blog, which I can't keep up, I've decided again to return to contributing here. I've been involved in some self-awareness activities lately, and this deliberating over multiple options is apparently just part of who I am as a "Rightsided Deliberator" Brainstyle. Apparently, I can't change this and shouldn't try. Oh, and I'm learning I can't change the Brainstyle of others either. So true. More on that later. Maybe.

I'm in a hotel room again for several nights . . . and bored. Teresa pokes fun at me that I like being alone too much, but it's actually boring without the fam. Apparently, years of submersion into fighting siblings, frolicking cousins, homework questions, soccer practices, ever-humming washers, trumpet and violin playing, spontaneous in-law visits etc. etc. etc. actually makes peace and quiet hard to deal with. I've just discovered that I really don't even like watching tv without Teresa nearby to joke with about the people on tv. Dinner was a highlight, as I was able to crack and peel crabs and shrimp with pretty good company. All-you-can-eat to boot. Some non-coastal land lovers were really freaked out by the whole experience . . . finding the ripping and sucking of crab meat from the shells slightly barbaric.

Good night . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwweee. It's nice to know you miss us.

Gidget said...

secret blog???? what secret blog?