Sunday, October 08, 2006

by teresa

Been a very relaxing Sunday.

Church service was great. A VERY sweet lady brought me some wonderful books her children used to enjoy. She moved this weekend...so she had packed them away. Her children are grown so she thought of me and my love for the written word. It was like Christmas....she even put them in a gift bag.

Lunch with Chris' parents was de-leesh! Penne pasta with grilled chicken and brocolli and alfredo sauce.

Came home and took a three hour nap (much needed).

Watched some football with the boys and then fixed dinner. Sweet and sour pork tenderloin over brown rice. yummy!


I just put the boys to bed and now I'm chilling on the couch with the hubby. Watching home makeover (sigh...Ty).

Busy week coming up (what's new). Lots of school commitments. I'm even spending my Monday at a school that my kids don't attend. My friend Melanie, from MIT, asked if I could help her out at her daughters school this week. Did I say yes because I'm nice? No. I said yes because of two words. Book fair! She is in charge of the fall book fair and I am H A P P Y to help out for any book fair! heehee

The rest of the week I am at Nick and Ben's schools. Chris will be out of town most of the week...so I will not have much of a break until Friday (my day off from volunteering...although it is my cleaning day).

Hope your Sunday was blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyday is cleaning day at our house! Except Sunday, that's nap day!

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounded soooo good. I am starting off the day hungry. That isn't good.

My Sunday was a blessed one too. I also took a nap. It was for 2 hours in my recliner. Bennett watched a movie while I slept.
I had been sleepy all morning. Maybe it is this cool weather we are having but I almost felt drugged.

Have a good time at the book fair.
Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What you need is a built-in bookcase.

Lunch and dinner sound like they were delicious. I spend the whole afternoon looking through pictures. Today I bought 5 new picture storage boxes from Joanne's which were on sale for half price ($1.99). It's fun to get organized.

Watkins said...

Did I tell you how much I appreciate you - book lady! Love, Melanie