Friday, October 13, 2006

don't be all snatchy with me!

by teresa

Wow...I can't believe I didn't post yesterday. I was just too busy to sit and form a thought.

It was a great day.....busy...but great!

MIT was wonderful. A very powerful (move me to tears) kinda meeting. And my friend Angie gave me a great devotion book to do with Ben. Last night was our first night...and he really enjoyed it. And afterward he closed with the most wonderful prayer too. God is good! all the time!

I had a good time at Nick's school. I did have another (slight) run-in with that cheery office worker. After my reading room shift....and before my library shift I went into the office to write a note to one of Nick's teachers and put it in her box. Well...I looked around for a piece of paper...didn't see one....so I grabbed one of the THOUSANDS of fundraiser flyers that were on the counter. As I was about to write she yelled out (and rushed toward me)....HERE IS A PIECE OF SCRAP PAPER....THAT IS THE FUNDRAISER PAPER!! Then she seriously tried to snatch the paper out of my hand...SNATCH...like I'm two or something. Like I was about to scribble on the flipping dead sea scrolls or something. ???? The temp office clerk looked at her like she was insane. I...snatched the paper away from her reach before she was able to grab it. I said...OHHH...don't trouble yourself...I will be GLAD to put the paper back on my own! Then I unfolded it....smoothed it out(in a overly dramatic way)....then replaced it carefully (again...very dramatic way)....and then said. I am so sorry. I didn't realize it was so important. Then I asked...are you getting a commision off this fundraiser or something? The temp. laughed out loud...and the secretary did a slight smirk. Then she said...don't forget to sign out in the correct book when you leave (as if I wouldn't). I was writing the note to Nick's teacher and looked up and said...OK. Then she said...cause there are three different books...incase you didn't know. I said...I know. Just then the vice principal walked out of his office. He called out ...MRS. GREEN! How are you doing? Anything you need? All while giving me a vice grip of a hug. This woman looked very confused. Was I important and she hadn't realized? He turned me toward the entire office staff and said......we love Mrs. Green. She is really helping us out alot this year. And we are all most grateful for all the work she does around here. This woman jumped up and ran over to me...SMILING. Oh yes..she said. Thank you Mrs. Green. May I put that note in Mrs. Harrells box for you? I said..sure...and thank you. Then I announced that I would be over in the library for the rest of the day if anybody needs me. She couldn't have been more cheery as the VP and I walked out together. She she doesn't know I work at the library several times a week. I check in at the main office on those days. So she didn't know I was important and all ..hee hee hee

Today is a day cleaning. Cleaning my house and my car out. All the beautiful fall leaves....have been tracked through my living room and up and down the stairs. grrrr

Chris is coming home early today because the movers are coming to move the office between noon and two. They built a new office in Virginia Beach (the office now is in Norfolk) and today is finally the day. Next week he wants me to go shopping to decorate his new space. It is a much more contemporary office than the one they have been in. So he wants new artwork and desk stuff.

I also need to go shopping for one more gift for Kristian's birthday party tomorrow. There was a Toys r Us insert in my Family Fun magazine I got in the mail yesterday. It showed these Disney Fairies set that is new. It is based on a book I got Kristian for her birthday last year....Fairy dust and the quest for the egg. It ws such a sweet book...with a special theme I thought was perfect for my Kristian. So now I MUST get a fairy something or other!

Tomorrow is going to be extremely busy. We will literally be gone from the house from 8:30am to around 4:00pm. Here's how it looks...School fundraiser breakfast, soccer games, missions lunch at church, Kristian's birthday part. But it will all be fun and full of friends and family. So it's all good!

I am off to take Nick to school and then come home and begin my cleaning mission.

concept: cleaning clipart

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time is soccer??

Gidget said...

10:00am

Anonymous said...

Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the school secretary will act nicer to you in the future. She ought to be that way no matter how important or unimportant people are.

I wish I could have seen the look on her face when the Vice Principal came out to greet you.

I'm cleaning today, too. Shampooing the dog and the carpet. Hope they both stay clean for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I love when rude people get shown up! It makes being nice that much easier! :)