Monday, October 02, 2006

Game Two

Phew!

Tonights game was TOOOO close for comfort.

It was unbelievably intense....and stressed me majorly!

Three players didn't show up until the second quarter...and one not until the second half was starting. So Chris doing the lineup before he left was pretty much blown!

All that strategic placing of the better players with the timid players went down the drain.

I was forced to put most of the kids with no playing experience all together in one quarter.

So at the beginning of the last quarter...we were down 3 to zero.

We scored three goals in the last few minutes of the game. Ben scored two and another child one to tie us up. You would have thought it was the finals of the World Cup the way the parents were cheering. We were about to score another goal (literally 20 feet from the goal) when the whistle blew to signal the end of game.

Winning would have been nice.....but I will take a tie FOR SURE over losing 3 to 0!!
Soccer Moms Rock Value T-shirtI want this shirt. Isn't it cute?
But after the screaming and yelling I did at tonights game (seriously...I think I scared some of the kids...and one dad) maybe I should get this one instead.
Soccer Mom from Hell Long Sleeve T-Shirt

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen the soccer mom from heck and believe me, no matter how much you yell and cheer, even if you frighten dads and kids, you are no where near that!! I dated her son when I first graduated high school. :) Heck hath no fury like a soccer mom who's child gets red carded!

Congratulations on the tie score! You're right, a tie is WAY better than a loss!

Anonymous said...

I yelled so much I am hoarse. You're right about the parents (and grandparents), the JOY and EXCITEMENT we felt as our team scored that each goal (and especially the final one) was so great. Everyone was smiling SO BIG.

Lisa said...

I hope Bennett plays sports. He doesn't seem the least bit interested in them right now. He is only 3 1/2 though. I would love for him to play soccer.

You are way smaller than me. I am 5 ft 7 and over 250. I hate my body!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one thing that keeps me depressed 24/7.

Blessings "small" sister!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Aww Man! I'm sorry I missed it!! I had Bible Study last night. I'm glad it turned out good. I vote for the second shirt ... then they can't say they weren't warned :)