Tuesday, October 17, 2006

If stretch marks were like parenting service stripes...I would be a Four Star General!

by teresa

I don't know what happened to my previous post. I had videod Nick playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on his trumpet. He plays this over and over and over every day. I hadn't realized how LOUD the trumpet was when I let him sign up for band this year and drop the cello. I have had him practice in the other room (with the door closed).....it's still incredibly loud! I have sent him in the backyard a few times(sorry mom and dad...but it's every man for themselves)....my parents dog howls everytime...and I still can't hear myself think. I'm ready to fork over major bucks to send him to a private instructor. It will still be loud....but at least it will be good! :0)

Nick said something funny this morning. He said that God was like a chef(Emeril). And that when he was creating the world and came to the waters....he said....let me add a pinch of salt...BAM! I thought that was cute.

As we were leaving for school we noticed Shorty was sitting on my parents porch...staring in the front door. I don't know how he escaped from the backyard. The dog is like Houdini. I went around and looked and found no openings anywhere. And the gate was locked up tight too. Very eerie! I ought to set up my video camera...to catch him in the act.

Today Nick is supposed to go to the library after school. He wants to get his homework done there without his stupid baby brother bothering him the whole time (Nick's quote).

Chris is out of town today. I can't remember where though. Isn't that funny? I looked on my calendar and all I had written was out of town. I think it might be West Va. But I'm not 100% about that. It's a short trip this time. Only one day. Thank goodness. When he's gone for long periods of time...the kids start looking at me funny. Like they are conspiring a takeover or something. I can smell mutiny in the air. And I have to break bad...just to show them that I am to be respected as much as Big Daddy. Then they just giggle at me and walk away. MAN...I wish I was tall. I think my short stature is a major handicap in parenting. hee hee

A couple of you have asked for my latest recipes. I found them in this great WeightWatchers cookbook that I purchased at at thrift store last year. They have lots of yummy dinners and they are very low in fat and calories. Here's some of our favorites...

Tuna Patties
2 6oz. cans tuna, drained
3 egg whites
3 tbl bread crumbs
2 tbl parsley
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix all together, form patties,cook in skillet(sprayed w/cooking spray),cook 5 minute on each side. You can eat them just like this or on a wheat roll w/ a slice of no-fat cheese toasted under the broiler for about a minute.

Beef in a Leaf
2tsp olive oil
1 lb. lean sirloin steak cut in strips
2tbls soy sauce
2tbls balsamic vinegar
2tbls honey
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cups cooked angel hair pasta
1 head red leaf lettuce

Heat oil in skillet, add beef (5 mins), add next five ingredients, cook for 3 minutes, add pasta and toss to coat, cook 1 min.,pour in serving dish. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture into each lettuce leaf. Roll up and eat with hands. It's also good without the lettuce leaves. Just put in bowl and enjoy. I also double the soy sauce,vinegar,honey to make it more saucy.

Hamburger Nests
12 slices reduced calorie oatmeal bread
1/2 lb (10% or less fat) lean ground beef
3 tbls bread crumbs,
1 egg beaten
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp.pepper
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1/3 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven 350
Spray muffin cups w/nonstick spray, press one slice bread (I peel off the crust) in each muffin tin, combine next 5 ingredients in bowl and mix, spoon evenly into bread lined muffin cups, top each w/1 tsp bbq sauce and sprinkle of cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beef on a leaf without the leaf is SO DELICIOUS. The hamburger nests are also good but my favoriate is the beef with angel hair pasta with the delicious sauce. Thanks for sharing some with me.