Saturday, October 07, 2006

Let's bowl!

by teresa

Had a nice day yesterday.

Met my friend Barb at IHOP and ended up chatting for 3 and a half hours.

By the time we left....I was hungry again! :0)

Why do we lose touch with friends? We love them....care deeply about them and their families....but somehow the rut of everyday life pushes them aside. It feels like home...like old times as soon as you get together again. Five years...is like nothing. You just pick up as if you just chatted last week. I feel so blessed to have her back in my life. and I promise that I will never lose touch again. Friends are too precious to missplace. It's like that special jewelry you have. You buy it...it's wonderful....precious...you take extra special care of it. Where it out all the time. Then you place it gently in your jewelry box...for another day. It gets pushed to the back for a special occasion. You forget it...you still look at it every now and then and love it ...but things are so hectic that you never even put jewelry on these days. Then one day...you rediscover it...tucked in the back. You put it on...and it makes you feel beautiful and special all over again. That's how I feel.

My Uncle Jim and Aunt Beth came (with their two boys) and we enjoyed a fun family evening with them. Mom made tacos and brownies...have mercy! We talked for hours (and ate for hours) and the kids had a good time with each other. Later today we are all going bowling and then to lunch. I will make sure to take some pictures.

Our soccer game and pictures were cancelled today. What a bummer. It's not even raining here this morning. But the news showed that many parts of our area were flooded. We were pretty lucky I guess. It is supposed to rain off and on for the next 24 hours. Pooh! I can't find my umbrella....and my hair looks ridiculous when rained on.

Have a nice weekend you guys.

*blessings*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we never got around to bowling, but we really enjoyed sitting around and talking. It is nice just being with each other. There's not much need for entertainment.

I especially enjoyed Beth giving me my first scrapbooking lesson. I'm looking forward to doing that again soon.