Wednesday, October 11, 2006

No more handstands for me....maybe just a few cartwheels on special occasions.

by teresa

First things first....my back and neck are fine. Thanks for all the concern. The only thing really hurt is my pride. And I can assure you that all gymnastics moves have been banned from the Green household for anyone over the age of 20!

We just came in from soccer practice. Chris is out of town so I ran it solo. One of the moms helped out and then we scrimmaged another team. I, as usual, was a raving psycho soccer mom. I don't know what it is...but when Chris is not there I must fell as if I have to be louder and play harder than the men coaches at the field. I ran....and yelled and ran...and screamed (it's a big field and I feel as thought the kids can't hear me over everyone screaming) some more. I wore a sweatshirt (dummy) and jeans thinking it was going to be cool. But it was far from cool. Especially with the display I was putting on. I was sweating buckets (sexy...I know) . And getting my sweaty clothes off at home was about as easy as peeling a grape. (nice visual...huh?)

We are soooo gonna kick some hiney on Sat.!!!! Sorry. That was rude of me. I mean....we are soooo going to have a fun game where everybody plays fair, nobody gets hurt, and every kid goes home happy. There...that's a better attitude.

Tomorrow is a busy day. MIT and then off to the reading room at Nick's school. I hope to get a few minutes tomorrow afternoon to catch up on all my blog reading.

I'm off to snuggle in the bed with my boys and read them to sleep.
Does it get any better than that?
I think not!

"Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?...As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you, like a pressed flower... both strange and familiar."

This is a quote from one of my favorite books....Inkheart.
It is being made into a movie...with Brendan Frasier(the mummy) as one
of the main characters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am off right now to read Bennett his bedtime story and say prayers and then he always asks me to stay for "2 minutes". Well that 2 minutes ends up lasting a lot longer. Usually until he falls asleep. Sometimes I fall asleep too. I love it though. I cherish these times with my Bennett.

Have a good day tomorrow.
Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

First of all...Brendan Frasier=Yummy!

Second...that quote is so cool! It totally fits with how I feel reading books that I've had for a long time. Totally! (Totally...pffft! What is with my communications abilities lately! I'll use the "it's late and I'm tired" excuse and move on!)

Have a great day!

Zephra said...

Heres hoping you kick butt..er..I mean have a good, fair, and happy game.