Friday, November 24, 2006

Another One Bites the . . .

By Chris

Lauren put in a LONG day at Target. Black Friday meant she worked 6:30 a.m. - about 5 p.m. After a detour to a friends' , she showed up feeling a little yucky in the tummy. We know where this is headed. She also has had round one with it earlier in the week, though it was much less severe than the average. That's always been the case with her. She can usually avoid sicknesses altogether. I'm betting she'll wake up ready to role tomorrow. She was lying on Teresa on the couch. A sad state for the entire female caucus of the Green family, they were. The male Greens all seems to be on the uptick tonight, and just in time. I wouldn't call us nearly 100%. But, the Monarchs do play tomorrow at noon :))

Even sick, Lauren found time for some "Lauren-ness." I was talking to her pretty seriously about an undisclosed topic, and I kept getting distracted everytime she blinked. There was this very subtle, super quick blue flash, it seemed (you know, blinks are really, really quick). Finally, I was like. "What is up with your eye." Turns out, she had a small blue marker dot on each eyelid that was only visible with the eyelid closed. The effect during normal blinks was just as she intentended . . . subtle and weird in a way that makes a "viewer" wonder if you are really even seeing anything. I swear, I almost rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing light dots. It's a sure-fire way to distract an interrogator, in this case. Where does she get this stuff?? To make me look even sillier, I told her to blink her eyes at Teresa. The darn dots were gone, and she was like "What . . ???" She's a real trip! hehehe. I need to remember to tell her that, as funny as it may seem, it really wouldn't be a good idea to role this trick out at school. I can just see her talking a whole class into doing this and driving some poor old teacher crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! Lauren is the best!

Anonymous said...

Where does she get her wackiness from anyway???