Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hold on to your hats people!

by teresa

It's windy.

Like Twister kinda windy.

A cow just flew past my livingroom window.

Earlier when I was at Nick's school a section of our fence blew down and Shorty escaped and ran amuck in the neighborhood. He ran under the mailmans truck and got stuck. My poor, sweet neighbor Gerri chased after him treat in hand. He led her down the street playing that annoying game of chase dogs do. You know...they let you get within a foot of them...then they take off to the next yard....and repeat this over and over. She finally got him...put him in our front door...and then before she got back acroos the street he was out again. Seems the wind blew our back door open all the way. My livingroom was COVERED in leaves and newspapers (from the pile on the back porch). Have mercy!

I hope all my Va./NC. buddies are riding out the windy weather well.

I've heard of some fatalities from tornados in NC.

So please stay low...in the bathroom...with a mattress on your back just in case.

Seems we are in for major thunderstorms in a few hours to accompany the 50mph wind gusts.

Let me go batten down the hatches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in both NC and VA this morning and it was like driving in a monsoon!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a blessing to have neighbors like Geri? Makes me want to go do something nice for a neighbor.

Musings of a Housewife said...

GACK!!!! I hope you stayed safe. Sounds freaky.